Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker

smetter

Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
What about the Piranha STS G3 Vertical Feed Paintball Gun as a starter gun? What is the big difference between the powerfeed and the vertical feed? Any others anyone would recommend?

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
Vertical feed is better in a way for people who like to use both hands as the feeder doesn't block the view down any one particular side of the gun, which the powerfeed does.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Vertical feed also offers the advantage of lowering your hopper a little bit, making it less of a target. Basically the Piranha is about as good as moderately priced guns get, and is quite serviceable provided you read the manual and get to be familiar with every part of it and keeping it maintained. Be sure to get a good barrel for it like a DYE, BOA, J&J, Lapco, or CP, and never longer than 14 inches.

Have fun!

storm1975

Jul 21, 2005
Manchester
It all comes down to budget. An Ion is a good marker that is both fast, light and cheap. However, speaking from experience they can be a little troublesome with minor air leaks and the standard feedneck is a pain.

I used to have one and all I did was carry a complete spare set of internal hoses (£5) and I changed the feedneck (£30 for a CP locking feedneck from Planet)

The stock barrel could do with being a little longer too. I used a 14in Dye but the Eclipse Impulse thread Shaft barrels are excellent too.

Gair333

May 17, 2005
Visit site
i would suggest not digging up old threads (nearly 5 years eek!) but for those of you out there i would say the diablo wraith or a second hand eblade cocker/ angel

neil&kelley

Dec 20, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by Gair333
i would suggest not digging up old threads (nearly 5 years eek!) but for those of you out there i would say the diablo wraith or a second hand eblade cocker/ angel
OMFG,i thought you were joking.I wonder if the guy has made a decision yet,lol.Might as well wait another 5 years!!!!!!!!