Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

*Fixed* Ion Tank not screwing in fully

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Hi all,

Received my Ion this morning and already have a 3000psi tank filled and ready to use with it. I put the battery in the gun etc which is all fine but when I try to screw in the air tank it doesn't go all the way (about a 1cm gap left) and I hear a faint hissing sound.

It doesn't automatically cock but the gauge on the Ion's regulator shows just under 200psi, even when tank is removed.

Any tips on what to do? Hopefully its a simple thing I'm missing.

Note the tank I'm using has an intact O-Ring on it so thats not the problem. I have a mechanical Vexor marker and it screws fully into that so I'm guessing its something with the Ion?

Cheers,

-Will

Jakey C

Jake Cross
May 28, 2006
wirral
the stock asa on the ion unless im mistaked is plastic so the thread may have been chewed up or damaged?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Hey man,

Try putting a small amopunt of paintball oil on the tank threads (i.e. Love juice or similar NOT 3 in 1 or any non paintball oil or lube). Has the duckbill on the ion been cross threaded?

Turn the eyes off on the ION and fire it a couple of times as they store a couple of shots in the reg, thats probly why it reads just under 200psi, if not the guage is knackard, the SP ones arn't very good and you can pick up a replacement from planet for £13.

Any help?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
yes, its made out of soft grade Aluminium.

Is that an LED on the right of the lower grip frame screw?

EDIT: Turned the Eyes off and indeed it did fire off the rest - Guage reads 0 now.
Always remember to do that as you don't want to accidently fire off a couple of shots, also 200psi is maybe slightly high, i though ION op was 170 ish?

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
yes, its made out of soft grade Aluminium.

Is that an LED on the right of the lower grip frame screw?
Yeah its the standard LED but was relocated to the lower end of the grip by the previous owner.

Just got it and afraid I don't have any lube. Anything I could use instead? Looks like a standard thread inside the ASA and it does screw in just not all the way - Very stiff after.