Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

footwear

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Yep, cleats it is (except on artificial turf).
Got a pair of adidas myself (they were designed for American football, so they can take a little punishment), also got a pair of Tanels somewhere around the place. Used to have a pair made by Riddell, but they finally died on me (ask any American about this brand).
I've seen a girl on snakeskin boots one day, but I'm not sure that's the way to go.....

P.S. Should you want American football type shoes, and can't get any in England, give me a shout........

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Hey Buddha
NPPL has now banned metal cleated football boots (the sort that have slot shaped cleats not the round sort) and by default running spikes so don't think us europeans won't follow that ban (we followed the turbo ban) so I doubt you are gonna make any guilders in commission this week....

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Heehee!

Mark,

The NFL, the NCAA, the NAFF, the AFLN, and the FLE have all banned metal cleats eons ago (good thing too. I had a 300lbs guy stand on my ankle once, wearing rubber cleats, and that kinda f*cked me up already, so I hate to think what metal would do to a man.....). To be honest, I wouldn't even know where I would be able to get any of those from. The only American sport that I can think of that still uses metal cleats is baseball.
As far as commission goes......man, I wish. Just trying to be helpful is all. If it were dope or women on the other hand....:D

Footie boots, coz that's what I own,

I think if I were goign to buy them I'd get rugby boots for the ankle support (I've got some shin pads that give me ankle support instead). Fell over in the woods once (very embarrasing, got lit up :() wearing patrol boots, haven't looked back.

The advantage of these is that whatever the rules on studs (on the boots, not your prowess!) you just wack those on.

Loads of people recomend American football boots though

Richard

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
I use football boots with aluminium studs in all the time, wet or dry. The extra grip helps you to change direction quickly and gives you good grip and acceleration. For playing on astro turf (i.e Campaign Cup style) I would use trainers. I was just wondering how well the diggers and other paintball specific footwear work in wet and slippery conditions?