Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

fps & the law (UK)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Guys, I know this is on here somewhere, but I just can't find it!

What I want to know is where the law stands on chrono limits, I.E. what is the max legal fps you can shoot at without crossing the line. What the offence of having a hot marker/shooting someone with it is called. Any convictions for the above.

If you can give links to either other posts of outside resource I would apperciate.

Thanks

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
onasilverbike said:

What I want to know is where the law stands on chrono limits, I.E. what is the max legal fps you can shoot at without crossing the line. What the offence of having a hot marker/shooting someone with it is called. Any convictions for the above.

If you can give links to either other posts of outside resource I would apperciate.

Thanks
330fps (12ft/lbs), above that its is dangerous and goes into the catagory of firearm or airrifle or something like that.

http://www.blackmercury.co.uk/legal.php?osCsid=17cd4f60656ca8e355373fbdf3f8b05f

http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-enquiries/airguns1.htm

will look up the link.

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
onasilverbike said:

Thanks
Just out of pure curiousity, why did you want to know?

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Guys thanks!

beanbag83 said:
Just out of pure curiousity, why did you want to know?
No names, no pack drill, but on sunday I was going to train at a local site, for various reasons it didn't work out but we jumped in to the punter games (one side were taking a real punishing) and, spotted as a merc, when making a crazy move to open up a game I took a punishing from a couple of guns that I thought were hot. After I pulled a hand full of the infernos from the rack and chrono'd them, one was hot (though not to 330 fps) and I turned it down.

Now I'm not saying they always have hot guns, after all with co2 we know that things can be variable, just wanted the gen so I could pass it on to my mates who marshal there.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
onasilverbike said:
Guys thanks!

No names, no pack drill, but on sunday I was going to train at a local site, for various reasons it didn't work out but we jumped in to the punter games (one side were taking a real punishing) and, spotted as a merc, when making a crazy move to open up a game I took a punishing from a couple of guns that I thought were hot. After I pulled a hand full of the infernos from the rack and chrono'd them, one was hot (though not to 330 fps) and I turned it down.

Now I'm not saying they always have hot guns, after all with co2 we know that things can be variable, just wanted the gen so I could pass it on to my mates who marshal there.
The site should have a chrono limit and chrono the markers at the start of the day, as infernos on CO2 are not the most consistant markers out there they should not be set right under the limit i.e. set to 295 on a 300fps limit as they could shoot hot if it spikes.