Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FS - Alien Invasion 2012 + Eclipse HDE Top

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
Picked gun up today, box had been battered by good old RM but bubble wrap saved the day.

Hi guys

I bought the Alien Invasion 2012 at the weekend @ Armo second hand and I don't think it is for me.
Ha 'not for you' noticed you got yourself a black one, did you miss it already??!!

It comes with a small spares kit with some orings and detents.
It didn't! did you forget? Could really do with this as one of the detents is mashed, have ordered a spares kit to deal with the leak but could take a while to get here. on the plus side it has the same solenoid as the dm series so i've already got spares if it turns out to be that.

Thanks

JP

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Picked gun up today, box had been battered by good old RM but bubble wrap saved the day.

GAH - Stupid Royal Mail! Glad it was fine inside - but they are monkeys.

Ha 'not for you' noticed you got yourself a black one, did you miss it already??!!

Honestly? Yes. I've always wanted one then when you wanted it I couldn't back out :(

It didn't! did you forget? Could really do with this as one of the detents is mashed, have ordered a spares kit to deal with the leak but could take a while to get here. on the plus side it has the same solenoid as the dm series so i've already got spares if it turns out to be that.

It is in (I think) the bottom barrel holder - they are tucked in there. Some spare orings, 2 x pairs of detents. It is a tiny bag - but they don't need many orings.

Thanks

No, thank you :)

JP

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
Found that timmy detents are same length but need to trim the base so they fit, all sorted got loads of them,
Shares the orings with the vic and i have factory team rebuild kit for that.

Good news is leak is fixed.
Was coming from around the valve, replaced the standard orings with some 14x2 tight fit but nice with some dow 55 to swell them a bit. Was a minor bubble coming from valve still; some weak threadlock on the setscrew that holds the valve in place and bingo don't know why thats not factory sealed.

Cleaned up the solenoid spool a little (loads of lube in there) and this thing rips like my remains and no hoses!

Thanks again.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Glad you got it fixed :)
Want to fix my new Invasion that is getting HUGE bolt stick ie 12 pulls of the trigger before it shoots? :p
Tried everything with it - upping dwell, increasing HPR, increasing LPR, changing lube for a thinner one... than thicker one... then just oil... then increase HPR, but lower LPR and Dwell etc
Tried many fresh Procell batteries.

Works fine indoors - just when the marker is cold (ie 8C or lower outside).

Starting to think it is the solenoid that is the problem. Pressure of the bolt is fine when doing the index/pinkie test. Everything moves nicely. Changed 011 and 012 orings on the rammer and inside ram housing...

Absolute pain in the ring.

Last edited:

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
bizarre, thats one i've not heard before.

how far away are you, it will take a dm/pm solenoid, I have 5 dye guns so we could swap over a solenoid.
have you tried cleaning the solenoid spool there was lots of lube in mine gunking it up, other option is solenoid spool is in wrong way, but only possible if someone has had it apart.

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
ahh leeds is a bit far for me to go, solenoid is easy job, 6 screws, dont overtigten and try not to lose any of the gaskets that seal the faces together.

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
just rub a bit of dow33 over your finger and thumb and wipe them across the little orings that are on the spool, just so they are wet not so much that you can see a layer on them