Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Fundamental & Essential Skills

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Stephen, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Stephen Topcats

Stephen
    Message Count:
    As an individual, what skills do you feel to be absolute essential to the game and fundamental to improving and becoming a better player?

The off-season is fast approaching and I'm going to be working on all the stuff I can to come back as a stronger player for next season, and I just want to hear what you guys think!

2. JKFuller13 Member

JKFuller13
    Message Count:
    Snap shooting...has to be the key aspect of paintball?? One of those things people can always practice and improve on

3. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    Communication, first ball accuracy.

4. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    ability to survive to g2/3 to know when to gunfight and when not! Field craft,knowing the shots on any field early.

5. Gavin - 44pix 44pix Paintball Photography

Gavin - 44pix
    Message Count:
    Watch as many paintball games as possible

Go back to basics. Many people would say that they are good at running and gunning, and laning, but how many people can actually say they pick up regular and consistent G's. Be better than your opposition at the basics and you've won half the battle

6. Bolter Administrator

Bolter
    Message Count:

Great quality advice mate (y)

Accuracy accuracy accuracy! This comes from practice practice and you guessed it ...... practice.

Bare in mind, for something to become 2nd nature (i.e you no longer have to think about it, you just do it) you need to do something around 10,000 times. If its snap shooting for example, than thats 5 boxes of paints worth of snapping :)

7. Stephen Topcats

Stephen
    Message Count:
    JKFuller13 definitely one of the big ones, incorporates a lot of key skills as well, accuracy being a big one!

Dusty agreed, communication is key, and something I noticed changes when making the jump from 5 man to playing Race-To, we played the masters in preparation for the mills and first game we all just went quiet, relying way too much on the coach! And yes, getting the first ball on target can make all the difference

shoaibaktar good point, keeping composure when the other team are bodies up, and there's no better feeling than winning a 2 on 5 ;)

Gavin - 44pix & Bolter again more great points! there's no point being able to run and gun like Fedorov but then die in your bunker! And Bolter that isn't a bad idea, may just buy a few cases of paint and snap shoot in the garden!

8. djgoodbody New Member

djgoodbody
    Message Count:
    Snap shooting with arm swapping according to my pals who play.

9. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    Its a slightly more contentious one,buy better paint.Is it cheaper to a.bounce a player off the break with 3 star ,then shoot 5 pots at him ? or b G him off the break with 5 star? Not easy I know. Maybe just 5 star in the loaders and 3 in the packs?? Cheaper ,just anything to give you that edge.

10. Ninjabreadman Active Member

Ninjabreadman
    Message Count:
    Switching hands, this is taking me ages to get sorted but i can already see a massive advantage when playing. Opening up so many more angles i never even thought about.

Ballantin and Stephen like this.