Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

GoPro, safe or not?

TommyK1993

Feb 9, 2012
Hey guys, just a short one.

One of the guys from my paintball society is really itching for a gopro to mount on his mask and/or barrel but he's not sure if it's safe for use or if it gets damaged after getting hit possibly several times and getting knocked about a bit during play,
Opinions?

Eddy Collumbell

Portsmouth Dreadnoughts
Nov 20, 2011
Emsworth/ near Portsmouth
I used my friends Go-pro on my barrel then i used my contour Hd on my mask. And all i an say is that both these cameras are built like rocks my contour has been hit over 20 times and still working fine the go-pro has never failed at all people have dropped it of buildings without it breaking. So my answer is yes its perfectly safe.

Hope this helps

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
i would recomend a much cheaper but equally good and rock hard option, the plasmcam 720w i used it this weekend and was shot twice and bunkered once direct in lense and no marks, i just put it under the tap to clean and is fine :)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
GoPro is probably the most robust cam you can get - I've no concerns about mine getting damaged from impacts.

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
im going to get myself a plasmacam 720w next month to (hopefully) record paintfest and big game and as a self training aid to study and amend my own shortfalls during regular paintdays