Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Greg Hastings Maxed, Where to get it?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
and enjoy endless FPS's and MMORPGs populated by 14 year old 1337 kidz and old people with nothing better to do..... well, that's if you get the games working acceptably in the first place and still have the cash to buy games.

Errr...

Generally when people play games it IS because they have nothing better to do!

I don't schedule like a Battlefield 2 day!

Don't let cost come into this....If you can't afford a PC to play the latest games at high details/resolutions then that is a seperate issue.
Also a PC is not just for games it has many practical uses and you have access to a enormous catalogue of games and emulators etc so you can all play duckhunt or whatever.

Do you honestly believe that "14 year old 1337 kidz" do not account for a HUGE portion of console users.

Bear in mind your average gaming pc costs more than a "14 year old 1337 kid" can afford (unless rich family).
It's just that internet access is not as prevalent in the console community and you aren't meeting these people.

Nintendo, well....

Not really been into that sort of stuff since I was a kid (not a 1337 one mind).
It is all just so kiddy.
This is a generalisation and I know that someone will chime in with "what about resident evil!".

I find Nintendo stuff fun for 5 minutes or when my mates come round and we play mariokart or marioparty.Even then I'm sure it's the alcohol etc amplifying the experience.

I do think Nintendo have a niche though, it's just not for me.

davejeff66

I hate paintball.
Apr 20, 2004
Prison
Originally posted by TheBroz

Nintendo are incredible, the one company that gives a damn about games and creating awesome content and ways to enjoy them.
Amen to that. If anyone has doubts about Nintendo, just get the latest copy of edge and read about the Revolution. Nintendo aren't trying to compete with Sony or MS who are busy fighting there own little battle with each other, they're busy wading into a whole new unchartered territory which regards not only what games we play but also how we play them.

When the DS was on the way everyone was touting it as pointless because of the power and style of the PSP, but they weren't meant to be in competition, they were a whole different ball game. It's a shame that owning both PSP and DS will seem outrageous to many people (most of these people will also argue to the point of fisticuffs over whether the 360 or the PS3 is better (and then the teacher will take them out of the playground and put them in detention)), but it's like owning an oven and a microwave. The end result is virtually the same with handheld consoles - entertainment in a mobile package - but it's the way it's presented that the focus is on. Although the PSP isn't solely a gaming machine with its browser and UMD movies, the games do look great. But where is the innovation in the release titles? Maybe Archer Maclean's Mercury. The DS on the other hand is branching out. Having never played Nintendogs I can't comment but it's a new approach to "playing".

When the whole home entertainment system kicks in (the PSX dipped it's immature pinkie in some pretty cold water a while ago) maybe Nintendo will flail a bit, but they still have a very strong fan base who actually do go out and buy their (relatively cheap) consoles to play the hardware exclusive games.

Like I said, watch for the Revolution (or whatever moniker it will be brandishing on its release).

P.S. Atari is only still around because Infogrames changed their name.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Yay, somone else with an educated and unblinkered opinion

**takes his hat off**

PS. Btw Nintendogs is great fun... My psp is currently gathering dust and those times i do use it its for emulators or encoded TC series' at work

skullicious: the 14 year old thing mainly applies to the annoying brats who play counterstrike and other online games.... They may not be 14 years old but they sure do act like it.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I've got a top end PC and every console from the ps1, dreamcast and Atari VCR.
But mainly I play on the Xbox.
Once money isn't an issue, it's all down to personal taste. If perfect Dark zero is a patch on the original, I can't see me playing much of anything else.
But, main thing for me is that gaming is a social activity, we play multiplayer while we talk and drink, you can't do that online. PC game might be faster, more detailed etc... but I challenge anyone to play halo with a mouse and keyboard while drinking tequila every time you get killed, in a room with seven of your mates doing the same.
Console vs pc is void argument, they are too different.