Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Guerilla Air burst disk

Alfanje

Jan 28, 2009
Birmingham
Hi guys,

Ive had an annoying problem with my Guerilla air tank for a little over a week now. Its nothing serious but it started when an *sshole flash filled my bottle and blew a burst disk (1.8k).

I thought it would be a simple fix and just ordered a replacement from rap4. However, that one blew also when i tried refilling my bottle. Spoke to someone at rap4 and they recommended i service the reg. After watching a tutorial, i opened up the reg and cleaned it out as best i could (keeping in mind ive never done it before). However, the bottle still blew the same burst disk when i replaced it again. I want to point out that i didnt overtighten the burst disks - i hand tightened them and then made small adjustments to stop the air from leaking out when it held pressure. As far as i can tell, i did everything properly. However, it still blew the burst disks.

Ive heard that the 1.8k side blows when the fill nipple might get dirt in it, and the regulator is no longer operating at the correct output pressure, however, as far as i can tell, ive done everything i can to clean both the fill nipple and reg internals.

Im not sure if im making a rookie mistake, but any help to save me some hassle and perhaps a bit of ££ on buying anymore burst disks would be appreciated.

Thanks

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Have you checked the piston seat, whether it is damaged or not ?
More than likely the cause would be the small oring on the piston itself that is either worn or damaged.

Either the above would cause the high pressure pass into the low pressure side, thus burst disks popping after filling bottle past 1.8k

Alfanje

Jan 28, 2009
Birmingham
Is the piston seat the part which sits above the spring?

I couldnt see any damage to any of the components when i took it apart. I'll take a look at the o-ring though. Thanks for that ;)

(Forgot to mention its the G1 myth reg)

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Piston seat is located inside the narrow end of the piston. Should be glued in, so don't try taking it out.
Would be noticeable if damaged, if surface is flat, then you are good.
99% failure of the myth regs are dirt or worn/damaged oring located on the piston.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
On a NOTE *
Did you put grease on the oring first before putting back together ?

Do not use just any grease, use Air smith grease. Guerrilla has there own little pot of air smith grease.

Alfanje

Jan 28, 2009
Birmingham
I'll have to double check the piston/o-ring, but i didnt notice any damage when i took it out.

On a NOTE *
Did you put grease on the oring first before putting back together ?

Do not use just any grease, use Air smith grease. Guerrilla has there own little pot of air smith grease.
Thats got me a little worried. Im not entirely sure what i used when i put it back together. I may have completely forgotten to regrease it. Is that better than putting dow 33 on it?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Ive tried dow33 before, did not make a good seal. The air smith grease LIPs sent me in a small sealed bag was very thick clear stuff.