Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP!3 amn speedball tactics...

Are you a team of begginers

If No: take advice from your team-mates, they will know what they are doing.

Read the begginers advice (on this websiste) the one entitled "How not to suck" is particularly good.

Yes: Well then how many players per team?
How much paintball have you played?

Post these answers and we may be some help

Richard

P.s. This may go better in the "Tactics and Techniqe"section...

weedave

Jan 16, 2002
Belfast
I would do one back center and two mid on each side.
The two mid will be crossing up whereas the back center will just be swapping sides, giving cover wherever needed.

Dave

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
3 man is a lot more dynamic than 5, 7 or 10. Don't be afraid to move if you see an opening, even if you start in the back.

Don't get tunnelvision. Remember to look crossfield. Lots of rookies make the mistake of shooting at just the guy in front of them or focusing on one opponent, when they could tag someone else if they looked around a bit.

Finally, think about keying a player. Put two guns on one guy to pinch him out while the third guy switches between the other two opponents. If you can eliminate the first player in a 3 man game, you have a big advantage.

bluelite

Nov 6, 2002
Waco, Texas
Visit site
Yep, a wedge with the center guy as the tip is more effective than 3 strung across the back long-balling for 90 percent of the game. This is with the tip pointed at your starting point. Find the key tape line bunkers that dominate the field and get someone into one pronto. I have been watching a lot of three man tourneys lately and the teams all play very defensively trying not to lose someone on the break. The problem is that every move they make in the last two minutes of the game when they are getting desperate to do something before timing out, could have been made in the first two minutes just as easily. Also they do very short runouts, usually not sending anyone farther on than the 20. Problem is, in most of these cases the fields are the same length as five man and bounce probability is high for a front running speed demon to make a key bunker on the fifty, especially if the other team has opted to play defensive pball. Another thing I have been seeing a lot of lately is shooting over the top of snakes instead of travelling as far down the snake as possible. If they have a snake, get into it and own it from their end. Also make sure your back guy bumps up when you do. Several of the teams we played last week had one player who would stay back and rain paint but had no angle to cover his people who were much farther forward toward the end of the game. They were getting shot out by our tape guys while paint harmlessly whizzed by. Good luck and good learning.

your mom

wears army boots
questions:
how many players on your team
how much experience in paintball
how much in tournies
what gear do you have
what do each of the players like to play/ how do they play?

personally, i'd say be aggressive, but always cover your ass and watch out for each other.

oh, and i'm in austin as well. where do you play, and how often?