Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help choosing marker!!!!???

p8ntboy87

God First
Nov 22, 2001
FLYIN OVER YOUR BUNKER
Visit site
I have played paintball a lot before, and love the game!!! Now, I think it's time to get my own marker! I can't pay to go rent a marker everytime I play, so... I need suggestions for a marker that isn't too expensive, but is really good(accurate, durable, etc.) if anyone has any input,........ Please help!!! Thanx

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
If you look onebay (items matching paintball) you should be able to pick up a spyder compact for about $60-70. You will also find tons of cheap upgrades on ebay too.
If a spyder doesnt rock your world then go for a tippman 98. Good solid reliable gun, but less upgrade options than the spyder.

Hope this helped a little.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I had the same question a while back and I went for the Compact. I haven't regretted it for a second. The compact is cheaper and much more upgradeable. This is what I bagged off ebay:

Spyder Compact 2000
JT Spectra Mask
22oz c02 with On/Off Valve
ACI Zero-Gravity Barrel (and stock barrel)
8+1 Hopper which is going back up on eBay cuz I don't need it.
VL-200 Hopper, Armson Pro-Feed Elbow, Squeegee, barrel plug, spare parts etc.

...for 127$! You can get some super steals off ebay.

One more word for the wise: if you get the Regulator upgrade kit for $47.00 here: http://store.yahoo.com/acepb/comregupkit.html it gives you basically every necessary upgrade you could want for your spyder (besides a new barrel).

Don't forget to get an aftermarket barrel like a CP, DYE or ACI.

Hope this helps.

p8ntboy87

God First
Nov 22, 2001
FLYIN OVER YOUR BUNKER
Visit site
Thanx

Thanx, I have been lookin on ebay, but couldn't decide, So, i'll keep lookin till the right deal passes my way, i'm lookin at spendin round 80-120 for gun, so compact 2k is probably what i'll get, as for the amount on the hopper, tank,etc, not sure, the best deal i can find i guess....... thanx for the input.....

The adrenaline, the rush, the excitement, the game!!!

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Have a look out for any automag deals. There a few on Ebay at the moment. I know its a little extra money but you will be getting a far better gun. I think there is one for $200 with tank and hopper.