Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help me!!

Mud Monkey

If i fall.. Just leave me
Sep 20, 2002
where ever i fall down!
Visit site
I am kinda confused about what postion to play in. we are just starting a new team called Control Freaks (Keep an eye out 4 us) and i have not got a clue about where 2 play. What are the main characteristics of the different positions?
Thanks
Mud Monkey!!!!!! :)

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Mud Monkey
I am kinda confused about what postion to play in. we are just starting a new team called Control Freaks (Keep an eye out 4 us) and i have not got a clue about where 2 play. What are the main characteristics of the different positions?
Thanks
Mud Monkey!!!!!! :)
If you're big enough that you need to hide behind a tank and slow enough that a short walk is in order you play back, (that'd be me then).

If you're small enough to hide behind a thimble and fast enough to give Dwain Chambers a fright you play front.

In between? You play mid!

OK so that was a bit facetious, but not all that wrong.

Back players shoot paint, lots of it, they shout out positions and try to control the game by keeping the opposition in cover allowing their front players to move and get angles to shoot them out.

Front players try to get into important bunkers and snapshoot out the opposition, they tend to move a lot and get all the glory with nice shiny mugging runs.

(cue controversy)
Back players do all the work, front players get all the glory! Not that I'm in any way bitter you understand :D
(waits for flamings and with the firefighters on strike too:eek: )

Play whichever role suits your natural game, that'll be the best role for you.

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Hmm...

... you do seem to have a bit of a problem don't you. The way I see it you are mad enough to be a front player but when you are playing you are too conservative, you seem to just sit back and not fire enough (constructive critisim, so don't whine!) As you don't fire a lot I don't think you would make a great back player.
Mid perhaps.
But I'm just a dumbass so don't take any notice of me!
Smally

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
Hmm...

Originally posted by Smally85

But I'm just a dumbass so don't take any notice of me!
Smally
HERE HERE! (i spy an infreriority complex in the offing)

i Think you would be okay any position as long as you talk, personally from what i have seen the mid back option is better for you (smally the reason for hanging way back is that the field that e played on is ****e for back players i.e you cannot get to any bunkers at the rear that give you shooting lanes, everyone plays mid/front on that field) Once you get a good gun (hmmm shocker lol) and a revvy you will be fine on the ole rippin it up.
just my 2p
cheers,Robin

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Yeah!

Try being called Smally for 5 years! That WILL give you an inferiority complex. I just didn't want to seem like some know it all muppet, very concious bout how I come across.
I understand what you are saying about not being able to play back there. I also think the fact the 3 out of 4 balls shot through an Inferno go either ape **** or break would stop me firing!

Mud Monkey

If i fall.. Just leave me
Sep 20, 2002
where ever i fall down!
Visit site
Shocker

robin i have talked to me folks and they said that they may give me some cash to go towards the shocker.
Mid/back sounds kinda cool. any other ideas/ suggestions welcome.

Team control freaks rule!!!!!!!!

Ash

Jaguars
Mar 25, 2002
Cambs
www.ukjaguars.com
Back!!!

:D Just because you dont fire a lot At the mo dosent mean you cant play back! FIRE more!!!!

But seriously try both and see which one you enjoy and if you do decide to be either front or back then dont be afraid to change to another position if thats wot you feel is right!

Sounds corny i know, Im a front player but i love playing back! All that shouting and shooting and you can see the field so its easier to move wen your up on heads or wen the times right.

Hope i have been of help

Uk jags:D

PS front is good too!!!!

Hope to play you guys soon.