Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help me!!

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
knock, knock...hello? Anybody home?.....

Well, if you don't shoot much then you need to be either shouting out what you see and repeating what everyone else is saying, or working on moving up when you can. Then, when you DO shoot, it'll hopefully be shooting someone in the side or back and then it'll count more. I know some very good front players that walk on with only two pods. I like to play front, but am probably better used as a mid-insert (I move up when the front man either dies, or moves out of his bunker) and I occasionally play back as needed but I really suck a playing back, and I usually end up shooting alot of the paint for fewer eliminations, and watching all the front guys have all the fun.

Back men can be thought of as chess players. They need to direct and protect the other players, and let everyone know what's going on.

Front men can be thought of as adrenaline junkies...with patience. Good frontmen know that the more paint they draw, the more the other team is ignoring his teammates so they can do something, and the more paint that the other team is shooting at him, the less they'll have later on when he goes to bunker them and hear them scream in pain. The only problem with the "paint magnet" scenario is that the front man has to either get into a position that makes the other team nervous, or he has to expose himself enough that the other team thinks that they can eliminate him immediately. This makes for a short lifespan of a frontman. If you don't mind making the long runs, and if you like the pressure of knowing that if you flex your belly, you can bump the guy on the other side of your bunker out into the open enough that you can shoot him out before his teammates shoot you out, and you both can tell when the other one is inhaling, then maybe playing front is for you :)

If you're not quite confident enough to play front, or you just don't like the sight of grown men throwing a temper tantrum because you just bunkered them, and you don't really talk or shoot very much, you might try playing a mid-insert position. And then get used to the smell of urine from when your teammate bunkered the piss out of someone and you have to occupy that bunker as you're moving up to cover and work with him :)

It's all good. Just play, and you'll discover what position you like to play.

Ray "Your Name Here" N.

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
hold on, why is 'the real spark' implying he gets the front spot?
he should know by now that myself and smally have those positions (and have had for quite a while now!) i think you and robin would make a safe back combo, you know each others game/mentality the best. we'll find out staurday won't we?

Hp

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
We made a mistake with one player... made him front because he's fast, took months to spot he was an evil shot and left handed........ perfect back right man.