Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

help please :-)

ashleyb

Jul 18, 2012
Hey guys been paintballin about 6months now i have an ego 05 and using a steely bottle that i got from fat bobs for 35£ just wondering if buying more expensive tank make much difference to the way it shoots or what avantages it gives??, i understand that they are much lighter and are 4500psi where mines 3000, looking at playing tourney is this a must have upgrade? Thanks :)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
the advantages far outweigh the cons

advantages:
lighter
more shots
more comfortable

cons:
higher cost
EDIT: think they have shorter life, but at 15 years i don't think you'll be concerned

Last edited:
Reactions: ashleyb

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
The more shots advantage is dependent on a couple of things. First bottle size i.e. .8 is the standard size of most steelies fiber wrapped bottles a most commonly .8 or 1.1l but you can get 1.5 and a few various in between with safer or fuel bottles. The other reason is a fiber bottle typically has a higher pressure rating of 4500psi against a steel bottle has a 3000psi rating. If you can get a 4500k fill you have 1.5x the air hence higher shot count. Also the regulator is generally better quality on higher priced bottles but not always the case.

Reactions: ashleyb