Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hole vs. Slot

Inferno

Paintball Addict
In an old thread someone asked about timing a cocker. I went to the link that Mark suggested: http://www.ukcougars.co.uk and went through Vantrepes' timing article. He seems to not like the trigger plate on the newer cockers because they have a hole instead of a slot for the timing rod to go into. Has anyone else had any timing/consistency problems as a result of this? I am planning on getting a roller sear for my cocker so I figured it would be a good time to replace the trigger plate.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Unless you're really good at timing Cockers, everything that makes a trigger shorter except the Shocktech Bomb and set screws take more time and acquired knowledge to properly time and keep in time over the span of its use. Slot plates were the norm for a long time because the Cocker had enough problems on its own, so improper timing needed not add to them. Flattened timing rods then were spawned to give shorter triggers to those who had both the desire and the knowlege to make it happen, then after a while people said why go to the trouble of changing the rod when you can change the plate and get it over with when they were wanting to make better plates from the beginning anyway. Gone is the necessity for flattened rods, dremels, polishing compound, teflon tape, and voodoo rituals to get a smooth, short trigger...

In short, go for a hole trigger, roller sear, pivot frame, etc. Short triggers aren't reserved for master airsmiths or people willing to pay hundreds of dollars anymore, just those who can read info sheets, forums, and instructions and follow them exactly or close enough and be able to figure out the rest.

rockon_1

( .)( .)
Oct 15, 2001
indoors
Visit site
yup slotless triggers are far better my trigger pull is god and it hasnt had anytrhing dont to it i guess i just got one of teh best factory ones .

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Cool

Thanks fellas. Once I read throught the article, I had the cocker timed pretty quickly anyway. I wasn't sure if the plate would make a dramatic difference in the timing process. I can't wait for my first game with my newly built-up cocker. :)

Inferno

Paintball Addict
New to me

Well, I have luckily not ran into any of those problems, and I already have the cocker timed. However, I had to save that page just in case. I appreciate the link, I haven't stumbled across it yet.
Thanks m8,
Carlos