Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do £100 goggles compare to £30 goggles?

Darr89

Jul 7, 2013
Hi.

This is probably a dumb question, but this is a newbie section. So I could go and spend £100+ on a set top set of goggles, but are they really any better than a £30 pair if the cheap pair covers your ears and doesn't fog?

Thanks for any input.

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
All goggles work the same way. The perfect goggle for you is one that doesn't fog and fits comfortable.

If a £30 set does that then only buy them. I've had to buy a £90 pair of i4s because all the other masks I've used fog up on me. Masks will be different for everyone, it's all trial and error.

Reactions: Ricki_diego

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A new set of goggles with a new anti fog lens that has not been rubbed at by hundreds of rentals will do any player fine provided that:

It comfortable, it doesn't over fog for their breathing style / shape of head
If its made of soft rubber it's more likely to cushion their head and ears, and could lean into the gun if there is a stock to let them get their face behind the gun

If its the right size and shape for the head it could fit glasses

There is nothing wrong with buying cheap goggles that fit you. There's a lot wrong with buying expensive ones that dot fit your head properly /comfortably

Darr89

Jul 7, 2013
Thats good then, that will save me some on getting all the gear up together. If I spend around £30 on goggles instead of £100 then I can spend more on a better marker! :)

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Think you have missed the point of the advice above mate. Try masks on and buy the one that fits and works regardless of price.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
i use a vforce grillz, must admit i like it however the proto switch cheap mask i started with was just as comfy if not maybe moreso on the foam atleast. though the lenses werent as good

Dye I4 are insanely snug and comfy just too small or id have had one

karl scammell

Jul 7, 2013
it could be to do with weight etc mate, its all down to the user tbh, it depends if you want some mean looking goggles or just standard

Mikeareid

Aug 7, 2013
Personally I use a Proto Switch FS which set me back about £40. Works like a charm and very comfortable. But like the other guys said, although it works for me does not mean it will for you. Trial and error is the name of the game!!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
pick a mask that doesn't fog and that is a good fit/comfortable on your face. after that consider how well the mask breathes, if you can hear out of it okay and if you want features like quick change lenses, customisation, flexibility, chin straps, and visors.

once you've got the fit/fogging bits sorted, its up to you to decide if you want to spend the extra money to get those features.