Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How do I REALLY prevent ball breaks?

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
For me, I always thought my balls broke because I was shooting too fast for my hopper to keep up. But when I was at the field today, one of the ref's told me that getting a revvy wouldn't help. I asked him "Wouldn't it feed the balls faster, which would prevent me from shooting too fast for my hopper to keep up, thus preventing some ball breaks?" He just shurgged, probably cause he thought I was an idiot. Not saying anything, cause I am, but am I right about this? :confused: Also, should I get a 9v or a 12v? 6-8 balls per second should be plenty for me as I don't even think I COULD do 5.

My real question is what is the main cause for balls breaks? :confused: cause I broke a ball about every other game today, and I was using Diablos.

Shooting too fast?
Cheap paint?
Moving my hopper around to violently?

JustBeenBunkered

Nov 27, 2001
Visit site
Well a Revy will help you with chops, which happen in the breech... but if the break happens somewhere in the barrel, then your paint is probably too brittle (as some Diablo is), or too big in diameter for your barrel (which I doubt is the case with Diablo), or the paint is old. It depends on what kind of gun you're shooting. If it's a lower-end blowback, then i think you might get more breaks overall than a low pressure electropneumatic...?

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
Here are a few basic tips.
Paint, look after it, ie don't let it get cold and don't leave it in your pots for to long.
Bore size, match up your barrel bore to the paint you are useing, you should be able to blow a ball out of the barrel with your mouth without to much trouble.
Electronic hopper, this will help with the rate of feeding.

E-mail the paint manufacturer for a lowdown on paint storage and field use.

These are just basic suggestions.

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
broken paint

considering you're a newbie recballer i wouldn't bother in vesting on a revvy or a new barrel like people suggest the best thing for you to do is to get a stick squeege and a neck strap so you can wear it around your neck. A squeege is used to clean the barrel. You press down on one and stick the other into the barrel when it gets to the bottom you release it aand pull the squeege out. When you pull out the squeege it pulls out all the paint to. you can do this in a couple of seconds