Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How long before the automag is dead

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
With the increase of electro-pneumatic markers, how long do poeple think the good old Automag 68 will be around for. I'm really more worried about parts.

Is there any advantage in upgrading to a ReTro valve on my mag. For £199 I would expect something good, but WHAT??

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
The Retro valve is quite honestly the savior of Mags held by current owners, bring their speed up to that of the RT which is quite sufficient to keep up with any marker, electro or otherwise. A lot of people will tell you that the RT is past its usefulness. NO! You can still be competitive with it, but it's just not an electro. It is consistent, functional, and fast--it's just not AS EASY to shoot as fast, and it isn't as light as some guns today. Like a Cocker, which no one disputes as being a competitive gun, it only chops when the shooter doesn't hand the trigger how it needs to be handled. That takes getting used to, and a lot of people aren't that patient, especially when they can get an Impulse or BM2K for less money that doesn't short stroke at all. So you had the choice between the two top non electros, and when stock Cockers started getting good, stock Mags started getting gone.

So are RT's and retroMags dead? No, but they're out of the limelight.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
hmmm, mags will certainly begin to die out in a few years time. By that I dont mean completely because there will always be the odd enthusiast, just like these guys who run around with pumps today.
This is due to the falling cost of elecrto markers and the release of cheaper electros such as the Kingman em1, this will eventually allow everyone to enter the electro market and bin their mag.

alanje

just want to play ball
Sep 7, 2001
north yorkshire
mags

why dont u ring airgun designs up 01206240831 and ask them about the upgrade kit fot the mag to make it an e-mag i knew there was talk of one but im not sure weather anything actually came of it , but its worth a try . if not and ur pleased with ur mag get saving and buy an e-mag they r a realy nice and very fast gun ive been shoting it for about a year now and im extreamly pleased with its peformance and also the the customer service at airgun it realy is excellent . if u want any other info bout the e-mag then feel free to e-mail me almaddog@hotmail.com and ill answer any questions that u have ive used mags for the last 5 years now the first was a basic 68 mag then rt , now i use an e-mag and i have no intentions of changing .:D

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
"Because quality always shoots straight"

AGD are working on a mod to reduce operating pressure (or make it gentler on the brittler paint)

Anti chop eye on extreme e-mags.

warp feeds.

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Anti Chop eye

Do you mean like the Impulse Vision? I wouldn't mind upgrading my old 68 to an E-Mag, I do like the Mag because of it's ease of use and maintenance. As for chopping, I've never really had a problem with it yet! If I did'nt go for an E-Mag I think I would purchase an Impulse just for the shear fact it will run off Co2, I don't think RT's and E-Mags do, so buying a complete air system and upgrading would be bloody costly!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Costly? Heck, if you've been running a Mag for any length of time I'd say you've needed nitro for so long that if it could speak it would long since by now refused to speak to you. In fact, if a Mag were a woman, it'd leave you if you fed it co2 for any extended length of time.

CO2 IS FOR SHOCKERS AND GUNS $250 OR LESS! If you love your gun enough to pay as much as you have for it, then you should love it enough to treat it better than feeding it co2.