Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HPA bottle test certificate

Sam_M

May 7, 2013
Hiya, just been to fill my tank up at my local store, firstly they told me my tank was out of date because the sticker on it says 06/2009 when this os when it was last tested so doesnt need a retest until 2014. I bought the bottle from here.

Secondly they said they needed to see the certificate to fill the bottle and this is the same everywhere, is this true? Or did they just not want to do it?

The tank is a carbon wrapped one btw. They did fill it in the end but im just wondering if they were right.

Thanks

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
If they filled it in the end, they weren't right...

Test is 5 years from the date. As long as the bottle has a clearly marked and valid test label recognised company, you're golden.

Reactions: Sam_M

Sam_M

May 7, 2013
If they filled it in the end, they weren't right...

Test is 5 years from the date. As long as the bottle has a clearly marked and valid test label recognised company, you're golden.
Thanks for the reply

This is my bottle

Which i was told was 5 years from this date, and yes they filled it, and even gave me a free 12l scuba tank so they could fill that for me instead of the little bottle all the time.

I just didnt want to go to a walkon and get turned away

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Does the bottle have the Pi mark?

I notice some French language on the left of that image...

SAS Ltd are based in St Helen's.

Last edited:

Sam_M

May 7, 2013
I bought it off a member on here about 3 weeks ago and he has been using it in tourneys in the uk as i made sure it was ok for uk use

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Looks ok.

2009/06 test in date until 2014/06 and then if you test it again and as long as it passes you can use the bottle until 2019/06 which is the death date. Take it to an air smith after that date and they will remove the reg and drill (destroy) the bottle for you.

Reactions: Sam_M

Sam_M

May 7, 2013
Thanks mate, so the shop didnt know what they were talking about in otherwords lop

Amd i dont need a test certificate?

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
I've no doubt the shop knows the law behind bottle testing, as for certs the label should cover it, or the sticker the test company puts on at least. It should really have the phone number of the company that tested it, so anyone doubting the test can check up on it.

I think if you come to a big game like Paintfest where HPAC are doing the 4500 air, ask one of the guys to have a butchers at your tank.

They'll soon tell you if it's good or not.

Sam_M

May 7, 2013
He was telling me that it didnt look real and that i had done it, good job i boight it off a member from here who has been a member for a while