Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I kinda feel bad... shootin in da back...

Corben

Jul 19, 2002
Visit site
Ok i kinda feel bad about this but it works.

Few weeks back i was playing a game at a feild where there were lotsa walk on games. At this peticular feild there are no armbands. You just have to kinda know whose on your team. But when you get a 20 strangers, all wearing masks and matching camo the all start to look the same. So the second game of the day i hauled at the very start..as soon as i heard the whistle and was behind the other team before they had even started moving. Once the game really got started i would follow a small group of like three guysuntil the rest of the team couldnt see..... they would sometimes even look right at me .. but figured since i was behind them i had to be on their team. Needless to say they were all very pissed when i shot them each in the back. I was sure not to hit any of the painful spots though... see i was kinda consider it. Well out of the 25 guys on their team i accounted for 17 (i counted) kills. Since this wasnt a flag game but instead a last man standing game .. my team one many without firing a shot. After the game and for the rest of the day i was sought out by others and fired at ... i think unfairy.......because of my "dirty" tactics. I was noticable because of the bright red spyder i had at the time. But hey its not my fault that they dont check who their team is before leaving breifing. I always do, and so should you.

So what do ya think? Shooting in the back is it dirty or just a damn good tactic to use when the other team is dumb enough to fall for it?

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Hey, why feel bad? It was simply the result of your better thinking and moving and their lack of communication and control of the field. If anything, they should learn more from you that way. It was certainly a positive experience for you I should hope. Winning isn't accomplished by being nice on the field! "Fair" isn't an objective. Within the rules and to the best of your ability is. Friendly is the way to be off the field, not on it.

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
Don't feel that bad...

It doesn't sound that much fun, but hey... Quite smart anyhow!! Not that fair, because it seemed very difficult to identify anybody??

The thing about shooting people from the back is actually very funny, because it means you've out-smarted them!!

I've done it a couple of times myself (or at least something similar)... All in the woods

1. I laid down in some quite high nettles, When 3 opponents practically went right over me... They just went on and started shooting at our teams flagpost without noticing me at all!!

I basically went up, walked over behind them, signalled to the lonely defender at the flagpost and then started gunning them down with "my" rental Tippmann SL68II pumpmarker - Aiming for their Arses!!! Whoohoo they were complaining...

2. As a lonely defender of our flagpost I once spottet a single opponent lurking towards the flagpost... Right next to the flag was a large tree right in the path he was coming from... I hugged the tree, and as he went past the tree and grapped for the flag, I went the other way around, sat down and shot him twice in the arse... Damn he screamed - mostly in shock though!!

PS. The fact that both stories involve hitting people in their arses is not something that reflects to the person I am - Please don't tease me for being friendly to these people (who probably wasn't able to sit down for a couple of days...)

Pinky :D

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
IMHO a bit of minor pain is a good teaching aid for newbies

Whilst woodland 'balling I managed to sneak round behind the opposing team (they were wearing Red Armbands we were blue).

Anyhow I spotted two "Reds" lying prone side by side on the ground behind a log waiting to ambush the rest of my team. I could have just shot them from a distance but the opportunity was too good to miss so I walked up behind put my foot on the log between them and said:

"Where are the Blues?"
"Over there" they said
"Nah... they're a lot closer than that mate"

At this point they both looked up, saw my armband and very stupidly tried to prove they were faster than a speeding paintball... they weren't but they did make great noises when I shot them both point-blank in the backside :D

Think of it as negative-reinforcement. Teaching them two important lessons (1) Never take it for granted they aren't behind you (2) Real life is not like the Matrix

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Woodland ball is where all the old school greats started (Mainly because that's what existed!) and from this we do see a rehash of a great principle they employ: wait for your shot and deliver it when you're most likely to succeed with it at the most open target possible. One thing I heard a lot when I was listening to what people were saying in Chicago was "Lay off on that guy!" "Don't shoot him yet!" "Let him come out..." etc. etc. Such an idea wasn't common to me; most often my thought on the matter has been to shoot at any presented inch or half inch until I didn't see it anymore or they walk off. That's great if you have all the paint in the world, the other backs or mids are doing their job and keeping the other side off you (or you're working both!) and/or the other team snap shoots like a blind tortoise on heroin, but can the above be counted on for long? Advanced results say no. Holding them that way for the forwards to creep up on them THEN letting them a little slack pops them out for easy pickings works wonders.

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
One day i was out rec ballin and there was only like 2-3 other tourny players and so i decided to teach every one why its important to cover the middle and not just have every one run either right or left. long story short i ran up the middle then went down both sides and took out Every player on the opposing team and i shot all of them in the back

Corben

Jul 19, 2002
Visit site
yeah tellin people your about to shot then just before ya do is funy... but becarfeul some people are faster tan ya think.....

I was playing a woods game and had a guy when he was reloading, not looking at me, and the barrel facing the oppiste direction... i said... gotcha and before i knew it i had been hit twice, and never got a shot off. He laughed and said no... i got you. Tehn finished reloading and walked away while i just just stood there wondering what the hell had happened. I still dont know how he did it.:confused: