I see this forum's been about as hectic as

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
beer

Hey I was talking about our WEAK beers
what is one of the biggest sellers in the US..? BUD lite !!!!
watch the "football" with a case of beers? well 2 six packs from here and you won't be getting up from your chair too quick
Tennants super etc .....never met an american yet who can go pint for pint with a brit.....on spirits yes but beer never
even was talking with a guy who was based here for his Duty tour and he said himself that he was falling over trying to keep up
your beer is like shandy bass we give that to our children

next? lol

Mark
UK Cougars

PS if you are really brave try EKU 28 and that is German...strongest beer in the world (Guinness Book of Records)

Pave

Jul 11, 2001
Guernsey
www.bouja.com
Well I've been away in Sweden. It was pretty cool. The party rocked unbelievably as does Stockholm.

I did have some reservations though. The Venue, well it was good to have it somewhere public but right next to a road??

Also the lack of Chronographing was a major safety issue to my mind.

If a team is only going to get chronoed once I would prefer it to be as they come off not as they go on. I saw the hand held chronoes used only 5 or 6 times including on finals day when I watched as many games as I could.

I got shot by a gun which was indeed hot. The fella who mugged me chronoed it after the game and it was like 315.... I have no problem with him but when you looked at the scoreboard and saw there wasn't one hot gun penalty all weekend it tells a different story.......

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Yeah, Anheiser Busch tirelessly labors to give American beer a bad name. If you want acutal good beer from the States you need to go with Abita, Dixie (particularly Blackened or Crimson Voodoo), Anchor, RedHook, Rogue, Pete's Wicked, Sierra Nevada, Shiner, Samuel Adams, and Blue Moon. There are others too that I could go on listing for days, but those are the ones that you can commonly find.

Bud Lite is for low libido yuppie chicks, low rent losers, and 13 year olds sneaking out behind their parents' house smoking cigarettes left by the maid.

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
I'd agree with that...

Besides, anything that isn't served at room temperature (apart from the German Beers) should be considered Lemonade and for the sole purpose of cleaning out the kidneys and bladder. (UK residents: Remember Hoffmeister and it's amazing "Drink one pint, piss two" character?)

My cousin from Texas actually comes over here to drink because he says that _all_ (I stress that point) US beer taste like piss and is weaker than Olly North's excuses. After tasting some of the US Bud he brought over, I'm inclined to agree!

You still have a long way to go before you can master something like Carlsberg Special Brew or Kestrel Super Strength. Now _they_ are serious drinkers' tipples.

As for food..... I find a kebab goes down well after one (or two or more) of the above. Mind you, it's the only time I will eat a kebab too, but that's not the point.

Wookie

Hofmiester!!!!

Ooooo Follow the bear........all the way to the toilet!!! Hoffmiester was/is(?) terrible - its down there with Skol and anything lager-like by Bass.

Wookie - you need to add Elephant beer to that list, I just to buy that by the crate from the off-licence!!! Taste like Kronenburg and strong like Special Brew!! Now that was a beer!!

As for Kebabs - I had one once sober - never ever again!!!!

:D :p :D

Scutty