Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

I'm a newbie to paintballing......

scoobytyper26

Sep 19, 2009
......so have bought a budget cheap setup to start off, the a couple of months down the line, I will invest a LOT more money with regards to quality setup etc.

At the moment I have a VL Lancer, with a 20oz tank, gravity fed hopper.

My mate has exactly the same setup, but 9 out of 10 of his shots fired go straight, where as most of mine curve badly....any reason for this?

Can't afford a decent marker and air system etc for a few months yet, but was thinking of adding a 14" Smart parts barrel or J&J 14" ceramic barrel for better accuracy.

Would it make much difference with regards to accuracy??

Also, which is best to fit to my gun, expansion chamber or anti syphon tube??

I get Co2 fills for free, so no probs there.

any help with my questions will be greatly appreciated.

I can get anything on justpaintball.co.uk for trade price, so think a viewloader electric hopper would help, as well as 14" barrel and syphon or expansion chamber??

cheers
Matt

ps: both me and my mate using tournament grade balls.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum and the hobby!

Sounds like you got yourself a usable setup.

Regards accuracy of your barrel I carnt help.
Maybe the ball size is too small? Or your CO2 isn't turned up enough?

In regards to the long run/upgrades, I think you would be best off investing in a decent electric hopper. And then a carbon fibre HPA (High Pressure Air) tank. HPA being cleaner to use and better on a markers internals etc.

With these two things you can add them to ANY!! (almost) Marker and play away, whereas if you upgrade your marker first you still have a tank/hopper that wont be able to keep up with it.

Personally I wouldn't buy a new barrel for your current marker and save it for upgrading your gear in general.

Just my tuppences worth, I'm sure other forum users will help regards the "curvature" on your marker!

samfrost1308

Banned
Jul 10, 2009
Torquay

In regards to the long run/upgrades, I think you would be best off investing in a decent electric hopper. And then a carbon fibre HPA (High Pressure Air) tank. HPA being cleaner to use and better on a markers internals etc.

With these two things you can add them to ANY!! (almost) Marker and play away, whereas if you upgrade your marker first you still have a tank/hopper that wont be able to keep up with it.

Personally I wouldn't buy a new barrel for your current marker and save it for upgrading your gear in general.

Just my tuppences worth, I'm sure other forum users will help regards the "curvature" on your marker!
very true

The curving your experiencing is probably due to the paint you are using either being a bad bore size or being poor quality paint. What is the paint your putting through your gun?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
If you're buying a new marker, don't bother upgrading the one you have, put the money toward the new one. Innacurate shots could be poor paint, paint that is significantly too small for the barrel, badly stored paint, or dirt and damage inside the barrel bore. Try giving the barrel a long soak in hot soapy water, then polish the inside with a fluffy stick, making sure you're paint is kept well (warm and dry, not for too long).
If all else fails, fire ten times more than anyone else on thefield, some will make the target.

Derekkk

scottish warriors
Jul 26, 2009
Glasgow
On most markers i no have a space on the right hand get an allen key and turn it clock wise

hope this helps

scoobytyper26

Sep 19, 2009
very true

The curving your experiencing is probably due to the paint you are using either being a bad bore size or being poor quality paint. What is the paint your putting through your gun?
Tournament quality....exact same, gun, cylinder, hopper and paint as my mate but his is curving a LOT less etc.

Any ideas?

Matt

samfrost1308

Banned
Jul 10, 2009
Torquay
take out the bolt and clean/lube it.
Then try changing your operating pressure to change your velocity, if you are shooting too slow balls may drop off etc.

scoobytyper26

Sep 19, 2009

howe do i turn my c02 up??

Matt

samfrost1308

Banned
Jul 10, 2009
Torquay
use your velocity adjuster on your marker. It will most likely be a screw that will probably need an alen key at the bottom of the regulator.

Kem

HEADSHOT
Dec 16, 2008
S****horpe ... gah
scoobs if none of what has been suggested here doesnt work ... although im pretty sure we covered everything then take it to your local site and as the staff most are friendly and will help you with tech troubles thats what i do when my gun is on the fritz