Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Impulse

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
I have a standard Impulse, and for the most part I am happy with what I have due to lack of funds to be able to buy anything else.

I know the Vision Impulse is just that bit better because of the vision eye and the ability to not chop a ball.

What my question is then,

Can I reduce the ammount I chop, (as I am trigger happy) by the hopper I use or any other part that is cheaper than a new marker but will help me out as I start to play more Tourneys.

If you have any tips please help,

Thank you.

Tom.... hope the impy's doing well mate. If you want to reduce the amount that you chop, you can tweek the maximum rate of fire pot inside the gun (as in on the board). There is an adjustable range that you have to work within which is when the led on the back is green(must be switched on). This adjusts your rate of fire and by setting this to the speed that your hopper feeds at the board will electronically limit your rate of fire and greatly reduce chops.

Kieran

Tom... the rate of fire pot is inside the marker and nothing to do with the dwell pot... what you need to do to adjust it is take out the two silver screws that hold the grip frame on. don't just rip the frame off, be carefull and then you need to unplug the solenoid to avoid ripping its wires out... its the only plug in there so easy to spot. There is a pot that looks identical to the dwell pot with 'semi' written next to it, that is the ROF pot that you need to adjust. Its fairly hit and miss really b/c you can't tell exactly what speed its set at, turning it anticlockwise turns the rate of fire down.

Have a look at the Impulse FAQ it explains most things about the impy.

The bit that deals with rate of fire is here:

http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ_General.html#G10

Kieran

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Ohh my Its far to difficult for me.........Well maybe one day when I have time on my hands to sit and just take it apart, send the parts back to the lovely people at smartparts and say I Fncked with this and broke it can you help :D

Cheers for the help all you lovely people,

Next tourney I'll be the guy looking blankly at everyone going do you know how to fix an Impulse,

(something the rest of Thunder already know about. Thank you gentlemen you saved me the other day.!!!;) )

Tom