Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Invert Mini (Q - hand size and ASA on/off)

brab

Jun 29, 2010
Sorry - random title...and maybe wrong sub-forum...contemplating options for marker and have 2 questions:

1) It has no on/off ASA. What is best value for money way to mod it to fix that. I've found an in-line 'adapter' for £15 that i guess lengthens the whole shebang by a couple of cm. Is this a deal breaker that needs fixing? I assume you can just empty the tank and unscrew it - which is a faff, but not exactly a nightmare?

2) Reviews seems to bring up hand size for the Mini...saying it's ok for small/medium hands. Then you get user reviews saying they're 6'5 and it's ok. Is this a mini marker for mini people - or just more compact? I wear a large glove but have skinny (long) fingers...doesn't that sound creepy... I don't have a chance to try one, but as a 1st step up from rental gear it can only be a step in the right direction. Just wondering if it's one to cross off the list immediately or not rule it out, as they're often knocking about cheap second hand?

Thanks

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Not sure about an answer for number 1 but I can answer number 2 from my perspective. I found the mini very small in the hand. I too wear a large glove but have short fingers, in fact I'm kinda all palm which sounds even stranger, and I found the mini too small for me compared to larger guns such as Luxe/DM/Geo etc

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
The mini is small but even with big hands it can be comfy and easy to handle recommend you get hold of one, prefer the axe all round tbh but the mini is a great marker

As for ASA you can buy inline ones which I have never tried or the empire ASA which you may aswell buy the axe with the price or get a mini gs which is slightly bigger to hold and has an on off.
Alternatively to remove te bottle shoot to take pressure off as you turn the bottle it comes straight off. Don't force it round while pressurised it'll wreck the reg or ASA thread. Only takes a couple of shots

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Yes, it's small but I'm 5'11" and never had an issue with it. I quite liked the mini actually. The Axe is also a great marker, I haven't had the opportunity to play with a Mini GS yet.

The ASA is a non issue, just a couple of shots while you unscrew the bottle will sort it.

rwest1987

Mar 26, 2015
Your best bet would be to get a Mini GS. I've got an old mini and the solenoid went whilst it was gassed up. Had to bleed the bottle and pretty much force the tank off which wasn't ideal.

As for the size of the thing, it didn't really bother me too much and I'm 6 foot 5. It makes you play quite small which would actually help if you are just starting out.

The mini is a great little marker but you could always buy a second hand Axe which is better (especially the trigger).