Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ion best set up

finghard

Ion Owner
i have just pimped up my ion with a uk spec blackheart board, ion fire bolt and 360 qev and was wondering if anyone had found the best set up that i could use as a baseline to work from. all settings are stock at the moment.

finghard

Ion Owner
cheers skeet that will be a good starting point for me to go for !
i have been to all the pages linked from this site oily and they have been of great help . what i was after was someone that had a matching setup that could give me a heads up
thanks guys
i know all markers are different but an identical setup should have close to the same results on my ion

Skeet

Platinum Member
cheers skeet that will be a good starting point for me to go for !
i have been to all the pages linked from this site oily and they have been of great help . what i was after was someone that had a matching setup that could give me a heads up
thanks guys
i know all markers are different but an identical setup should have close to the same results on my ion
You may know, but the QEV and Firebolt make the gun operate faster.

The Bolt because it is lighter/slicker and the QEV because it vents gas that would slow it down.

But...you have to balance it out and also, if you try to low a dwell, you will get problems, so 25 is a good start.

If you can balance teh dwell and input pressure (lower input) then the gun will cycle correctly, consistently and reliably with better efficiency
Dont be tempted to make it as fast as poss, because this is harder on paint.

Full auto is good fro checking for shootdown as is ramping.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Bottom out the dwell. The ion shouldnt fire but make a phut phut noise.

Put the dwell up a couple of clicks at a time until the marker cycles properly.

Put some paint through it to make sure it can cycle properly with paint.

Add 5 clicks to the dwell and job done.

Although markers may have the same setup and may have similair settings, becuase of tolerances in manufacture, sunspots, difference in the time space continuim, etc, you have to find out what settings are best for your marker.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Bottom out the dwell. The ion shouldnt fire but make a phut phut noise.

Put the dwell up a couple of clicks at a time until the marker cycles properly.

Put some paint through it to make sure it can cycle properly with paint.

Add 5 clicks to the dwell and job done.

Although markers may have the same setup and may have similair settings, becuase of tolerances in manufacture, sunspots, difference in the time space continuim, etc, you have to find out what settings are best for your marker.
Which is why I said start at 20-25 and have a play around, which I believe he stated he intends to do.