Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ion - Good air and hopper?

true_death

Free Agent..
Jul 16, 2006
M.I.A
Thats no problem mate :) Yea its a great little gun, with endless upgrade options if you ever feel the need

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Dry Firing.

Very new to Ions. About 4 days to be exact. Havnt fired it in anger yet!

Point noted about dry firing. Dry fired it about 6 times and was surpised to see how much the air went down. After then have only put 15 paintballs through it to date before recharge rate was almost non-existent and after splatting my greenhouse and shooting one of the dogs squeeky toys between the eyes stopped, in case my OAP neighbours got freaked!

Lemonade X. Thanks again mate.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
"stopped, in case my OAP neighbours got freaked!"

Lol, I fire plenty in my garden and live next to an OAP on one side and a big OAP home on the other :p

-Will

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Closure

Just to provide closure this post...

Was advised that the Smart Parts on-off I had on my Ion was crap and was failing, so I had a CP on-off (with purge) put on. The problem with the recharge rate was due to the smart parts on-off not working properly. Since the CP on-off installed have had absolutely no probs.

Chrono'd the Ion to about 290fps and the Ion runs at just below 150psi. Have had no drop off or any problems with recharge.

As noted in other post have had q-lock installed to secure egg. Also have lubed firing bolt using Dow 33.

Took kit to my first walk on at Southampton end of Sep 06 and all the kit worked fine. Out of just over 2000 paint shot, had no chopping, jamming, no problems what-so-ever. At one point shot over 600 paint in one game before getting mugged, and at the end of the game my air was in the middle of the zero area (less than 500psi, prob about 250 to 300psi), and was still firing sweet without drop-off.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. Invaluable....:D