Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ion or slg?

snax

round the town funky kwow
Mar 11, 2008
st.neots
i got a slg, and its very nice, nice to handle, good grips, but if you decide to get a pulse like me you would need a new feedneck, because the standard feed necks only fit certain hoppers, i think anyways lol :)

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
I'd take an SLG, for the price its very good and pretty much packs everything you need. Though the feed neck and trigger are a thing to upgrade asap. In my opinion you'd spend more upgrading an ion to get it to shoot as good as an slg so go figure.

Also note to snax.... you tried shaving the feedneck down on you're pulse? A friend of mine had issues trying to get his halo to fit his slg, so we just took some sand paper to it (feedneck on the hopper) and hey presto.

snax

round the town funky kwow
Mar 11, 2008
st.neots
Also note to snax.... you tried shaving the feedneck down on you're pulse? A friend of mine had issues trying to get his halo to fit his slg, so we just took some sand paper to it (feedneck on the hopper) and hey presto.[/QUOTE]

o great, i bought a trinity feedneck, but at least i no ever hopper i buy i wont have to sand down lol, should of given it a attempt anyways
will keep in time next time mate
cheers
snax

magicmonkey

Life Begins In 10 Seconds
Jun 4, 2006
Lichfield
profile.myspace.com
I had an ion... didn't like it im afraid =(
well i did! until it came to maintenance time. either it was of very poor build quality or i must of been very heavy handed but i was forever re-soldering my battery wires back to the board. however, if you have time and patience im sure this wouldn't be an issue.:rolleyes::eek:

i would imagine the new ion with bolt out back feature would be worth a dabble maybe???

but seriously I've heard good things on these boards about the SLG so i would have to go for that without a second thought ;)

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Pulse, feednecks and Ions

Regarding Pulse and feednecks. I found my pulse too big to go in my Ion quicklock feed neck and spent some time sanding it down. Got it in eventually, so don't let any reported problems with pulse and SLG's put you off. It's easily fixable.

As for maintenance of an Ion, if you get the old/original model you do have to take the thing to bits to lube the bolt, and yes if you are heavy handed you can break bits off. Best thing is just be careful.

However someone I know has the new Ion and it is a bolt out of back method so no more taking the thing to bits to lube up.

I love Ion's to bits, but I would suggest an SLG, as I consider the Proto build quality better than SP.

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
SLG over ION

ions seem to be heavier harder to maintain and have in my opinion been outdated. slgs on the other hand have come into the market a little min god, ive had tech sessions on the little blighters and have brought them down on site to use as a woodsball gun for a friend. he loved it. the trigger is a problem and so is the feedneck but those are upgradable. a resonable barrel is definatly something a little later. but all this aside, get one and i think you will love it.

TimDC

Fatbob's Fusion
Sep 7, 2007
Loughborough and York
Go for proto... though if you're considering an ion (IIRC - it is quite late - they are about 150) ... then maybe you should consider a PMR as they are even better than SLGs and also cost 150ish : )