Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

IPG/DELTA FORCE Breaking News

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
cant say im surprised its been happening here for years now and when i used to marshal at one of the sites it always put people off coming back despite knowing the cost was less if they booked direct next time....

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
It is the massive mark up on the balls that make sites like this such a rip off for the unknowing customer, but it is one way of getting into such a great sport.

I played at a site outside Liverpool about 10 years ago and paid £15 for the day which included some hot drinks, burgers, 100 balls and of course the equipment hire, then paid £6 per 100 balls for the rest of the day. Mind you after one day I was hooked and was off buying my own equipment and started playing at walk ons within a month.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
It is the massive mark up on the balls that make sites like this such a rip off for the unknowing customer, but it is one way of getting into such a great sport.

I played at a site outside Liverpool about 10 years ago and paid £15 for the day which included some hot drinks, burgers, 100 balls and of course the equipment hire, then paid £6 per 100 balls for the rest of the day. Mind you after one day I was hooked and was off buying my own equipment and started playing at walk ons within a month.
I dont think the average site is really a rip off and they all pretty much charge what you quote.

Compare it to a days training which will tend to be 10-15 quid green fee plus say 25 quid per box of training paint. Say you go through a box and a half that's then 50-60 quid for the day, about what most rental players will end up shelling out.

Now you might say that more of that is profit than at a training site, as they're running with much higher margins on the paint, but also bare in mind that a recball site will have much higher overheads. Theres many more staff required, the cost of the kit punters are hiring and the maintenance and up keep of said equipment and much higher insurance costs.

Really to me the issue here is the pressure selling and miss-representation on behalf of the resellers.

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
its shame but all that was going wrong for those people as far as i can tell is that they didn't understand that what they were buying were entry vouchers without the paint which would obviously look like a cracking deal if you thought it included paint. The price of a paint package with a site always costs more than buying the same amount of paint on its own because it includes the entry fee.

to me it looks like a bit of clever advertising by splitting the entry fee and selling them as vouchers in places like shopping centres etc. and leaving the purchase of paint for when they arrive at the site?

Derpy

Long Member
May 16, 2012
Essex
I see it alot at the DF site I marshal at. Parents got the same little silver booklets of doom from a shopping centre, take their kids and their kids mates and when you tell them it £140 for a case of paint, they look confused.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
its shame but all that was going wrong for those people as far as i can tell is that they didn't understand that what they were buying were entry vouchers without the paint which would obviously look like a cracking deal if you thought it included paint. The price of a paint package with a site always costs more than buying the same amount of paint on its own because it includes the entry fee.

to me it looks like a bit of clever advertising by splitting the entry fee and selling them as vouchers in places like shopping centres etc. and leaving the purchase of paint for when they arrive at the site?
Nothing wrong with the pricing structure of Delta Force.

It is only an issue when 'ticket sellers' deceive (eg what is included, or give the impression that it covers a full days play) or use pressure techniques on people in the street

The 'good' thing about the IPG ticket sellers (in person or online) for Delta Force is they identify the valid Delta Force sites.
Other ticket seller techniques include identifying other independant sites for the tickets to be valid, the genuine site may or may not have consented to this, and the site then honours the entry / starter paint with no element of that income. All they then get is the subsequent t paint sales

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Nothing wrong with the pricing structure of Delta Force.

It is only an issue when 'ticket sellers' deceive (eg what is included, or give the impression that it covers a full days play) or use pressure techniques on people in the street

The 'good' thing about the IPG ticket sellers (in person or online) for Delta Force is they identify the valid Delta Force sites.
Other ticket seller techniques include identifying other independant sites for the tickets to be valid, the genuine site may or may not have consented to this, and the site then honours the entry / starter paint with no element of that income. All they then get is the subsequent t paint sales
IPG is actually owned by Delta Force, they basically go into debt every year and delta force's resulting profit is used to bail them out essentially. but yes you are spot in that pressure sales can easily get out of hand with this method of sales.

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Not quite true. DF is owned by 3 directors. DF in its entirety is split into 3. 1 director has the physical kit, markers etc, another director has the land, planning and so on and the other director has the booking lines/promotions team/group. Or thats how it was when i was there