Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is an Angel worth it?

jwstriker

Jul 25, 2002
LA
Visit site
Pardon the interruption:

I read about the angel last night for the first time. I think i have this deal with angels like: you dont need a 1500 gun to be good a spyder can kill angels anytime........... recently i have had a change of heart. Spyders are what is going to propel paintball into the next generation(low cost, low maintenance for everybody) but angels i think will increase the game at many levels(pro and am). Right now i shoot a spyder. Angels are a mainstay at the top. But are they really worth the money? I dont know if i should stick to lower cost or save up?

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

:cool:

Team Demonic

Bunker Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Visit site
angels have set loads of new standards fr paintball however because paintball still is relativly unknown prices have to be high to keep the companies in business. When paintball becomes more popular ( mainstream ) prices will be able to go down because companies will recooperate their costs in sheer numbers sold.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
In my opinion they are way over rated, i dont like them that much as they are mostly for looks.

Matricies, bm2ks, electro cockers will all keep up, asnd most look better. :D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Okay, here's the truth, from an Angel (and other markers) owner...

Yes you pay a lot of money for an Angel, but what you get in return is a marker that is top notch straight out the box. There are a number of upgrades available for the Angel, but most of them are purely cosmetic. You can replace the bolt, and you can add a volumizer, but they hardly effect performance. However, you do get a lot of gadgets too, that you do pay for. Who needs an lcd screen in order to play better? Noone really, but it's nice to have none the less. Most other markers that claim to compete with the Angel, are not up to par straight from the box. For instance, the Matrix needs a lot of upgrades in order to make it perform equal to an Angel. However, all the other markers are also a lot cheaper than the Angel. But if you get all the upgrades you need in order to make it an asskicker, you'll end up with a pricetag that runs close to that of an Angel. Still, most of them will be cheaper in the end, but not that much. So is an Angel worth it? Yes, if you are willing to fork out the extra cash for the gizmoes, no if you just want an asskicking marker.
And looks, well, that's a case of to each his own.

Reaver

www.intimidatorowners.com
Aug 26, 2002
USA
Visit site
the truth about angels

You have to shoot an angel to see if it fits you if so buy it and you will kick @$$ but make sure you shoot one first.