Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Johnny-come-latelys

Manning26

I think, for next season mind you, there should be a cut-off date for entries. It's the only thing that's fair to everyone. As long as everyone knows when to have their stuff in, there really shouldn't be THAT much of a loss for the promoters, especially after the first event. People want to play these world class tournies, and if it requires a cut-off so the promoters can be adequately prepared, then I don't see a problem. How could any realistic person have a problem with this? If the players know that they're going into a well-prepped event, they aren't going to mind not being able to register the week of.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Manning26
I think, for next season mind you, there should be a cut-off date for entries. It's the only thing that's fair to everyone. As long as everyone knows when to have their stuff in, there really shouldn't be THAT much of a loss for the promoters, especially after the first event. People want to play these world class tournies, and if it requires a cut-off so the promoters can be adequately prepared, then I don't see a problem. How could any realistic person have a problem with this? If the players know that they're going into a well-prepped event, they aren't going to mind not being able to register the week of.
The PSP's problem is they've had cut off dates in the past that weren't adherred to so teams don't worry about it cus it never really mattered before. This season PSP has tried to be more rigorous in applying the cut off and still had 40% of their Chi-town teams sign up last second.
This policy is intended to get everyone's attention and offer an incentive to get in earlier. Or a disincentive for procrastinating. However you wanna look at it.

Manning26

Originally posted by Baca Loco
The PSP's problem is they've had cut off dates in the past that weren't adherred to so teams don't worry about it cus it never really mattered before.
If this is the case then it's obviously their own fault.

Originally posted by Baca Loco
This season PSP has tried to be more rigorous in applying the cut off and still had 40% of their Chi-town teams sign up last second.
This policy is intended to get everyone's attention and offer an incentive to get in earlier. Or a disincentive for procrastinating. However you wanna look at it. [/B]
My point is, if they require a certain amount of time prior to the event to prepare it in the way it needs to be, for the vendors, the players, and for THEMSELVES, then they need to give themselves the time. People procrastinate, they'll continue to sign up late, this extra cost idea will curb it, but it sure isn't going to stop everyone.

What's more friggin' important: Being able to register at the last second, or going to a smoothly ran tournament? I know this doesn't guarantee a smooth tournament, but it sure helps. Who can argue with this?

R

raehl

Well...

This time around, the ONLY way you can register is through the APPA ID system. It is hard-coded to up your entry fees based on the time you submit your information, and it is hard coded to not let you register once that final deadline is passed, down to the minute. It's also hard-coded to lock down the rosters two days before the event, after which point the only way to get it changed will be at the event, probably for a fee (as we want to severely discourage showing up at the event without your roster stuff taken care of).

Now, you can try and argue with the computer, but it isn't going to listen to you.

- Chris

Manning26

Here's the only problem with that Chris: What if the computer gets hit by lightning and takes on a human-like personality, with rational/irrational thought, essentially making it alive? Then what? What if it started keeping up with the p8ntballer forums, decided it didn't like Baca Loco, and unregistered his team?

I dunno, Chris, it just seems kinda' risky.