Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

JT goggles in the UK???

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
So people - what's the consensus for people in the UK? Has anyone ordered from the US/Canada or not? The Canadian site Philip posted the link to looks like a good deal - only $15 for international postage (takes 10-14 days though but I'm in no rush)

Price wise it certainly seems to make sense but now people are saying fraud and what if it breaks etc!

outkast iain - are you saying just paintball stock the M3 dragun guns? I'm bored of reading about markers now, that's the one I'm getting so it's just a matter of getting it from the cheapest/best place.

Cube, I hear what you are saying, may just go with the JT 260s...

Thanks for all this info though people, like I say, very interesting for a first timer and your experiences are appreciated.

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
About 50 dorrar

Originally posted by Benfrain
That's a good link, but unfortunately by the time you add your VAT (which UK customs will add!), I think our firend may only save about £10 which probably isn't worth the trouble IMHO.

Has anybody ordered into Europe from www.paintball-online.com ? I emailed them days ago asking for a price including carriage and have still received no response...

www.paintballgear.com show the carriage for europe delivery but it is VERY expensive!
It is sent expadited? UPS, no idea what that means but there you go. What I did last time was sent the stuff to a friend of mine in Texas, and he gift wrapped it, and sent it DHL, I got it 2 days later for 20 dollar.

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
Ways round customs

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
Just a warning, this advice is completely illegal, I would not do it.

If the item sent form the states is a gift, then you do not need to ay tax on it, so if the package is gift wrapped, and has a birthday card attached, then customs and excise will not charge you.

If C&E can prove that it is not a gift then they coudl impound it and charge you with not payign tax, which would be bad...

Have you tried undercover paintball? Or E-bay?

You can get the nVader mask pretty cheap on ebay then all you need is a thermal lense. They aren't as comfortable, but very cheap.

Richard
Just a quick note...yes it is illegal, just dont get caught ;)

nVader masks use the ELITE frame, wheras the nForcer uses the Spectra Frame....dont get caught out by this :p

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
If you pay by credit card even if it goes walkabouts you can still get your money back. VISA and Mastercard both use what is called a 'chargeback' right. This means within 30 or 90 days (can't remember which one, Visa or MC has which time length) you can say 'I did not participate in that transaction' or whatever and the moeny is taken back from the store.

The only people who can lose are the stores when it comes to credit cards. The credit card owner can always get his money back if the store does not ship etc.