Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Large Barrel/Short Barrel

Albercent

Alb 2k3
Oct 19, 2002
Devon
Visit site
Im just wondering, after looking at the 18" boomsticks, do they have a sginificant increase in performance compared to a 12" 14" or 16"? beacuse the logner they are they are obviously harder to hide bhind things with and far more cumbersome.

Thx,

weedave

Jan 16, 2002
Belfast
Obviously Yes, it is harder to hide behind Bunkers with an 18" than a 12"
The longer the barrel, the more range you will recieve!
This is why Front Players mostly use 12" or 14" and Back Players use around 16" or 18".
Front players do not need alot of Range and THEY need to stay tight as for Back players who dont really need to stay as Tight and need the Range to shoot down the field!

Dave

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Seem to remember seeing front players with 18" barrels at Campaign, as they can be used to push and manipulate the bunkers on sub-air fields. Think this was a Legion inspired thing:confused: :confused: :confused: , although I'm not 100% sure.... waiting to be corrected:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did try this once, with a 15/16" Freak Front, but got shot on the barrel for my efforts anyway, go figure!!!!!

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Originally posted by weedave
The longer the barrel, the more range you will recieve! Dave
a paintball leaving a 10" barrel @ 300fps will travel probably about 8" less than a paintball leaving an 18" barrel @300fps...

All things being equal...

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Recoil

a paintball leaving a 10" barrel @ 300fps will travel probably about 8" less than a paintball leaving an 18" barrel @300fps...

All things being equal...
Nope they'll both travel the same distance from the end of the barrel.

Paul.

Herb

Herbal Remedy
Oct 10, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
If playing on sup-air than the longer the barrel the better cause youcan manipulate the bunkers to enable you to shoot without being able to be shot, so the question is what format of paintball are you going to play most.

Sup-air than you want a long barrel
alll other formats the further up the field you play the shorter you want your barrel

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
There is an arguement that a longer barrel will improve accuracy (rather than range) which is why they can be favoured by back players.
Leaning into the sup'air bunker with the longer barrel has been around for almost as long as sup'air, & it can & does work if you get it right.
Stongl - ever thought that you would have been shot anyway, only on the body of the gun instead of the barrel?:D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Nonsense Liz, I can dodge Paintballs a la Matrix style!!!!!:D :D :D :D Seriously I just did'nt factor in the extra few inches (i was shooting across field and only had the tip of my barrell outside the bunker)

Hmmmmm you think that's air your breathing????

;)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Indulge myself in the Dam???

You must be having a giraffe every time I wanted to nip out and get a errrr newspaper, I could'nt dodge the missus for toffee!!!!

And anyway don't beat yourself up about that rec ball day, I was full cyclic and shot at least a full revy at you, and only pinged you once!!!!! Could've painted the Cistine (can i spell???) Chapel with less paint.

Stongl - limited paint format God