Laurent

Justin(Thunder)

Thunder
Jul 7, 2001
UK
Visit site
What a fantastic event

I'll second that!!!!!

Thunder had a great time, it was everything a paintball event should be. It was also great to see the media coverage, newspapers, billboards.

I spent the weekend living life in colour, now I'm back at work in England life seems kinda grey...

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Got that too...

Turning up to work this morning was the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time. Driving on the right side of the road was a little tricky too, but at least the rain is here to make me feel at home!

One thing I would like to see if there is another storm at a mainly grass area tourney is some duck-boards in the staging area/trade area. Oh yes... And South African players not lifting up the bar stand's roof when people are standing in the run-off area!

Wookie

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
:rolleyes:
it was an excellent event no two ways about it and to find fault would be harsh.
I do have one small complaint,which many may wish to put down to my rush towards infirmity.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SORT OUT THE MUSIC AT BIG EVENTS:p

The same techno beat for twelve hours X 3 days is to say the least mind numbingly boring.Players do a 3/4 hour stint and then can dissappear for a while others have to be there all day and its very difficult to concentrate,hold a conversation with the same sounds blaring at you all the time.I've heard more tunefull burgular alarms that dont attack the senses as much.

I'm all up for a bit of pulse raising music to get everyone going, even a bit of techno but 'Music' wasn't found in 1997 on a computer and i know of at least a dozen people that at some stage were seriously considering assinating the DJ/MC during the 3 days in Toulouse :D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Ralph you are getting old mate :)

many 'kids' these days pay a lot of money to go stand in a field and listen to such music for days on end. They even like to do it getting sunburnt, in the mud and with very poor toilet facilities...

:)

manike

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Excellent, stunning, really rather good.

But yes, the music really could have been better :)

Perhaps some more up-beat music to relax the players - even the well known stuff like Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Linkin Park but please don't kill us with more dull Euro dance please :eek:

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by manike
Ralph you are getting old mate :)

Old..ish maybe :eek:
If todayz kidz wanna go to music venues,which play, whatever, then that's fine but too much of any music does get annoying.
What was played in the stadium between games was not too bad as there were breaks during play but around the trade stands all day long was mind numbing. It needs mixing up a bit. That's all i ask. :D

As for the music in the stadium why aren't the teams heralded on to the arena ?.Some with their own tune maybe ?

Tigers coming on to Eye of the Tiger .There could be loads for various teams. The Boys are back in Town....Simply the best, the list could be fun .
The Laughing Policemen for the marshals at some events, perhaps:)

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Like I said...

The French aren't ready for Hard House.

All this Euro pop Waa-waa trance is ok for a short time, but for extended attitude, you need a serious amount of banging hard house!

I knew I should have brought some records with me!

Wookie

p.s. Beaker. Stop showing off!!