Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Leading by example

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
Now the quote and responce to this can be found under the top ten teams thread - but to prevent the chitty chat continuing i decided to repost on here.

Firstly I would like to say this is far from an attack on the mods, the mods on here all do a great job and set a damn good example to those new to the scene, but Mr Stongle here has really wound me up.

With p8ntballer becomming ever more popular surely the mods should be setting examples rather than belittling the women in the sport. Im not a overt feminist, infact i probably wouldnt even class myself as feminist at all but people should be encouraging others into the sport regardless of age / gender and a statement like that should be taken seriously.

We all joke about women being worse than men at the sport - and it can be fun to jest but on a forum tones are very hard to determine which is why we have smileys and often take a moment to re-think before we click that magical post button. There are some great female players around the world, you only have to look at shelly, alicia and kat to see that. Take a look accross the poind at Destiny (US) an all female team - they have just signed a 15 year old girl they may not be pro but they are still new and my god they train hard, surley they deserve respect in ability? woman are and always will be apart of paintball, so maybe you should think before you post, cause numbers of us are only going to increase.

I see no humour in this statement. If you dont want women in the tourneys set up a male only one.

The attitude that woman over-react and should only be around the sport for entertainment is damn stupid - some will probably read this and say I am over-reacting! but am I? People work so hard to open up the sport to women, including myself and its a hard sport to manage when you are female. We arent stupid and know its male dominated and know that it probably always will be but why just judge like that? Had someone else said a comment like that they would have gotten a warning or something, are rules different for mods?

Please keep responces in an adult and mature tone, the mods do do a good job and we all make mistakes sometimes I just felt this needed to be voiced.
haha, she said do do.

I love women, but I couldnt eat a whole one.... though I think I'd know where I'd start.

bizy43

Jun 25, 2006
basingstoke
this reminds me of spredz knobber sticker on his hopper last season now it was'nt offensive to me but it was to someone so it had to go (but it was a bad way of doing it)

if its offensive to someone then it is,

now im fairly deaf & if you start with the deaf jokes i get pi$$ed very quickly
im also bald but that dos'nt worry me with the bald jokes

so what do you do

dont offend people/groups unless you know how there gonna react even in fun nieve way on an open media the legal issues could be interesting as well

in this day & age if you dont consider female/colour/religious/handicapped/sexuality jokes or comments of limits then your in trouble just ask jim daividson what he does now days & yes the goth joke was a bit offensive considering the one who got stabbed to death while out with his girlfriend which has been in court recently

im also a bit of a micky taker (just ask cliff-in2deep or my team) but i dont think i've ever offended them certinly not been told so,

so just dont do it
cheers martyn the bald fat guy at the back ctr who can't hear sh^t

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
this reminds me of spredz knobber sticker on his hopper last season now it was'nt offensive to me but it was to someone so it had to go (but it was a bad way of doing it)

if its offensive to someone then it is,

now im fairly deaf & if you start with the deaf jokes i get pi$$ed very quickly
im also bald but that dos'nt worry me with the bald jokes

so what do you do

dont offend people/groups unless you know how there gonna react even in fun nieve way on an open media the legal issues could be interesting as well

in this day & age if you dont consider female/colour/religious/handicapped/sexuality jokes or comments of limits then your in trouble just ask jim daividson what he does now days & yes the goth joke was a bit offensive considering the one who got stabbed to death while out with his girlfriend which has been in court recently

im also a bit of a micky taker (just ask cliff-in2deep or my team) but i dont think i've ever offended them certinly not been told so,

so just dont do it
cheers martyn the bald fat guy at the back ctr who can't hear sh^t
Pardon?

I am of course being a tw@t.

(do I get away it? ;):rolleyes:)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
No.

If you wanted to make a deaf joke, YOU HAD TO DO IT IN CAPS LOCK!;)

I don't agree with the if somebody is offended, it's offensive train of thought.
If the vast majority find it offensive, then yes, maybe. Even though you should never confuse the opinion of the majority with the truth.
But if a few people are offended, it's they that should ask themselves some questions. Otherwise you can't make any jokes, as 99% of jokes are offensive to somebody.

Anyway, a good way around this is just saying that such opinions are part of your religious beliefs. You can pretty much get away with murder then.:D