The Home Of European Paintball

Left Handed Back Player

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Originally posted by Cube
Can't blame a warp feed because you've seen players playing loose with one mate, or I'll blame vert feeds for exactly the same thing:D
I am not blaming Warp Feeds because of this fact, merely making an observation that hardly any pros use them at all.

Originally posted by Beaker
If someone likes a warp for the feel or the speed or whatever, then fine that's great, I wont try to talk you out of it. But those that try to say it's a panacea for the ills of playing loose are talking a crock o' sh*t.

and being able to play with both hands so you can get and stay posted up is always going to be better than when you have 10 balls before you have to flip the gun back up to refill.
Amen to that Beaker. There is no product that can replace skill.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site

and being able to play with both hands so you can get and stay posted up is always going to be better than when you have 10 balls before you have to flip the gun back up to refill.
Not with a halo B fed warp can empty your hopper on the side.

But I agree I prefer to not use a warp I play better swapping hands!

Paul.
:D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Hmm. the HALO will only feed truly on it's side when there are enough balls in it to prevent those about to go down the feed from dropping off the cone, so yeah, it's not as bad as a Rev, but I would be VERY suprised if you can empty the hopper completely.

Plus you can't stay posted when you re-fill either :)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Hmm. the HALO will only feed truly on it's side when there are enough balls in it to prevent those about to go down the feed from dropping off the cone, so yeah, it's not as bad as a Rev, but I would be VERY suprised if you can empty the hopper completely.

Plus you can't stay posted when you re-fill either :)
Thats also true, although if your out on them enough to keep them in I managed to risk filling up albeit I was exposed on my left, not ideal at all!

As said I tried it and didn't like it, its true what the say its a love hate thing.

No substitute for being able to shoot well with both hands!

Paul.

Beaks

I had a chat with Bob at Campaign about his use of a Warp as he wasn't using one that weekend. He says that the only reason he wasn't using it was because he was still developing a better breach for his Timmy to support the warp. If you had seen him play in Toulouse with his Warp on you would've been impressed. The constant stream of paint that man produces and his ability to play both sides of a barricade has to be a good advertisement for the Warp.

Shuck - To say that learning to being able to shoot with both hands is better full stop is hardly fair, if someone spent the same ammount of time learning to shoot tight with a Warp would probably produce the same sort of results. And the fact that not many Pros use them is hardly a guage - if it was then only the new products used by Pros would sell and we know thats not true - most Pros play with the kits they're given.

I am still keeping an open mind about the Warp and will being trying it out soon to decide if I want to use one. I can play well with both hands but, with sweet spotting being so important a skill for back players like me, I want to get as much paint out of my gun in the first 15 seconds of a game as possible. If the Warp helps in that area then I will learn to use it in other areas too.

Dont be a sheep - "When all men think alike, no one thinks very much."
Try it for your self and, if it suits your play, be prepared to practice with it and learn to use it, same as with any other piece of kit. Just dont expect it to be the instant magic cure to your lack or skill or training.

Just my thoughts

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I agree Scutty.

It's not that you shouldn't use a Warp, just that it shouldn't be touted as some magic cure for a problem that can be cured by skill and practice.

Out of interest, why are you choosing to try a Warp over a HALOB? or even a EVO II?

Catch you later

Beaks

I have a Halo B and can still out shoot it, you know me - fingers too fast for my own good! Its mainly a sweet spooting thing, faster I can get paint out the less chance a player has of running through it - simple really, horses for courses!!

I haven't tried one yet but am always keen to try new toys!

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Beaks

Originally posted by ascutt
I have a Halo B and can still out shoot it, you know me - fingers too fast for my own good! Its mainly a sweet spooting thing, faster I can get paint out the less chance a player has of running through it - simple really, horses for courses!!

I haven't tried one yet but am always keen to try new toys!
Outshoot a HALOB? over 22bps without bounce? I know you shoot fast but THAT fast?

I got 17bps max in 1 game at the Cup, I couldn't beat 16 in any other and max was usually 15. So over 22bps is f*king fast!

I do hope I never have to break out against that!