Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Like it or not, we need Yank teams over here

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Actually I think styles make for the best games. Two technical pro teams (Strange vs. Naughty Dogs?) is probably going to be a slow-paced game, whereas two aggressive D1 teams (Aftermath vs. another team I can't think of off the top of my head) will probably be a faster, more exciting game to the uninformed viewer.

Another factor that plays into the excitement level is the field design. The number and location of bunkers needs to be balanced against the spectators ability to see the action, as well as the players ability to move around the field.

Comparing old school Traumahead videos to current videos is kinda like comparing a 1973 family station wagon to a modern SUV, or the 1960s Yankeessto the 1990s Yankees. Both have the same basic design and purpose but one is a generation or two more advanced than the other. And that is what makes one appear more refined than the other.

Edit: in case I wasn't clear, I'm saying the "pros make the best show" statement is incomplete and not entirely true IMO