Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Long and short of it...

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Does anyone else find that most bottle / marker set ups feel too long? Whenever I use a mate's kit, I feel like the marker is half a mile out in front of me. My current set up is an Ego 10, but with a short 48ci bottle, so the ram cap is a gnats off the front of the mask - previously, I used a 1.1 on a Timmy, but had to use a mini drop to make it comfortable.
Problem is, I'm finding the 48ci bottle ridiculously comfy on the Ego, but am having issues with air - I can only shoot a hopper and maybe 4/5 pods before the air starts running down off a 3k fill
So... do I:

1 Live with it and try to monitor my paint in longer games
2 Carry a scuba bottle for full 4500psi fills!
3 Fit a mini drop to the Ego and use a 1.1 (and risk ridicule!)
4 Start training with a 1.1 and get used to it?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
(and risk ridicule!)
Who cares?
Setup for results. The design of the 'speedball' gun is optimised for the paintballer
No stock because you don't you don't get real firearm recoil (you may get some recoil in paintball, but its minute) and you have a cylinder to act as your stock
Place your cylinder in the right position to fit you. Direct cylinder on ASA, drop forward, drop backward, kick up, kick down, spacer extender, different cylinder shapes and sizes etc

Paintball is not a fashion statement
?????????????????? Perhaps

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
One Gommie kickup (deluxe edition)

The non-deluxe version is a single block

This way around it is a 'kick up' because it raises up the cylinder, shortens the setup and sits the cylinder in your shoulder and lowers the gun position, or you can put the cylinder on your shoulder

Reverse it and its a 'kick down' which some people prefer

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Normally they will be solid like these below
Though in my mind these look like more of a severe angle then I recall
(I have a standard in my spares box as well but haven't yet used it)

They do vary as they are either made by Gommie in batches, or made to order for players to fit their required setup, and may have bolt on setups, rails etc

Gommie is on here as @gommie404, but he is now working as a tech so may or may not accept custom work depending on his work loads