Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 divitions a disscution thread please read

Dear players,

We would appreciate your suggestions and thoughts, this is a new series and the team and myself feel it is very important to take on board your comments and suggestions.

Let us firstly explain how it works from our side, as we know some players have found our system confusing.

The divisions are 1,2,3,4......... many, they were never novice, am, pro.

The criteria was discused at the concept stage how we should divide the teams, into a mixed draw divisions, or playing form judged on experience, ability and scores at recent events the feeling were mixed and the latter was the more popular. This was also the feeling of the players who contributed to shaping M25.

We have placed all the entered teams according to the criteria.

Unfortunately or fortunately we have more teams wanting to play than spaces, I posted on P8 on 08-04-2003 that we would limit the event to 32 teams.
Unless we had 48+ teams wanting to play.

Campaign Power Red
Equilibrium
Hurricane
Kelly’s
Reds Am
Red Skins
Shockwave am
Stone Raven
And now Outcasts

All these teams would like to be playing at this leg but didn't all let us know by the cut off date or pay their Deposits. As you can see we would have had 5 divisions and four fields, some very clear top teams are not playing now.

After the 2nd Reading leg a decision was taken not to go above 32 teams with 3 Fields, as we did not want you the players to suffer. The cost of adding a Fourth field runs into thousands, and I am sure you can understand we do need the teams to justify this. I do not want to have to put the price of entry up, the entries covered less than half the cost of the first two events, ie to cover the cost teams would be paying £420.00 per team again this would be unfair on the teams.

Please vote on our poll and add to your suggestions all of which are and will be taken on board.

You will find this in sticked in the tourney section.

I would like to thank all of you who do take the time to vote and add your comments.

spelling eddit God I hate being dyslesic:(

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by SPARKLIE CHICK

Campaign Power Red
Equilibrium
Hurricane
Kelly’s
Reds Am
Red Skins
Shockwave am
Stone Raven
And now Outcasts
With the quality of the teams in this list, would it not have been possible to revamp Div 1 bearing in mind that there have been a few complaints re teams positions,putting the other teams into other divisions?

Sam

Quote me

Campaign Power Red
Equilibrium
Hurricane
Kelly’s
Reds Am
Red Skins
Shockwave am
Stone Raven
And now Outcasts

"All these teams would like to be playing at this leg but didn't all let us know by the cut off date or pay their Deposits. As you can see we would have had 5 divisions and four fields, some very clear top teams are not playing now."

:(

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19
With the quality of the teams in this list, would it not have been possible to revamp Div 1 bearing in mind that there have been a few complaints re teams positions,putting the other teams into other divisions?

Sam
So what teams do you kick out who've already paid up and confirmed to accomodate these teams? There was a date restriction on entries, and unfortunately from my reading the other divsions are already full up. As the series is already having trouble running to time with the amount of teams and fields for each Div this is a bit unworkable (not attaching blame to anyone just repeating previous comments could be the playerz fault for all I know, but I digress).

Would it not be better to have mixed ability Div's so that (like Campaign last year), all teams get to play all abilities? Surely you could pretty much divide up the Div's so that if there was not enough Pro's to do two a Div, the divsion with 1 pro gets two tough Am A's? Just a thought but it might stop all the bitching. Besides Pro's have off days and why not give the lesser teams a chance at some pro ownage (you may even get asked to join a decent team if you impress em). Besides the amount of teams which use Guests (often top level Am's in novice beginner teams), can make a huge difference. This then stops a Div 4 no hope team running two pro guests and ripping the division up (this does happen). If you run mixed ability divisions you solve the problem of seeding teams from out of the area who may choose to play the odd M25 (i.e Kellys or Northern Outkasts etc).

And I agree with James, you can always learn from an arse kicking. After Sundays MM "interesting events" we ran a post mortem after every game and apart from agreeing that I was being a goober allday, we did'nt make the same mistake twice.

Also a point for Sparklie (idea not criticism) and this new UK federation thingy, perhaps the Pro, Am, Nov, Goober titles teams add to their names needs to be officially sanctioned. It might sound petty but it would stop teams claiming to be above or below their actual ability levels.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Re: Re: M25 divitions a disscution thread please read

Originally posted by stongl
So what teams do you kick out who've already paid up and confirmed to accomodate these teams?
No need to kick anyone out! There are teams such as Storm Am who have posted on the bopards that they DO NOT want to play in Div 1, am sure there are others that that applies to as well. They could bump down a div, and subsequently bump down other teams, and then fit in the teams who want to go accordingly. Hardly rocket science.....

sam

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
No, your quoted a team list of teams who wanted to play, but were too late to get in. Sure if Storm Am or any other team that don't want to play exclude themselves on the grounds of their divisions then fine insert the team from your quoted list. If this is what you mean't then I apologise, however the divsions are already full, so I don't see how it's fair to bump off Div 4 teams who get the sh*t together and organised form the offset? As its already been said several times the tournament would be limited to 3 fields 4 divisions of 8 beacuse of time constraints.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
time problems have been down to factors that are easily controlable. I meant that bump teams like storm am down to div 2, and add the other teams in to other divisions. Timing would be fine, as long as the organisation was spot on. there is still 5 days to go, its hardly a last minute thing. im sure teams would love to play 1 or 2 extra games at the event.

sam

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Yep I agree with rejigging (subject to other teams approval), but if we are at a max capacity I think other changes will need to be made to accomodate more teams. Say speeding up chronoing, maybe chrono 3 or 4 instead off 7 players, but introduce a penalty point system for markers that are hot at this stage i.e. negative 10 pts for each hot marker over 305 FPS in increments of 10 penalty points for every 5 bps (this builds in a bit of a tolerance for differences in chrono's) just before field entry. The risk of the point drop and higher penalty should discourage the use of hot or illegal markers. If this is to narrow a band correct me.

I think it would be good for the serious to attract teams such as the Kellys or other non M25 based teams, perhaps we should have a number of invitational or wild card spaces left open for certain "guest" teams?

Godlike player

May 12, 2003
kent uk
Visit site
I don’t usually come on these forums but as I have played the M25 and have seen this argument about divisions I felt I had to comment.

1: If this series is a league then how does a team win a division if they move about all the time how does this work if someone could please explain?

2: concerning seeding and the complaints that I have seen, no disrespect to storm am but they were well out of their depth the last time but they braved on. But it seems they have been put in the same division this time.
Regardless of their problem I have a problem with this in a different way the top division should consist of teams of that caliber whets the point of us going out to play against teams that we will walk over in under 120 seconds we get nothing out it, if this event is going to be a league then it should be run as such and teams should be seeded accordingly the only way to advance british tourney play is to play against teams that will test you not teams that have been put in a particular division because teams of that caliber could not be found , the placing for divisions should be handed out to teams of that ability
I.e. tell the team that you don’t have a place for them as they are novice and maybe next time round there may be a novice division for them to play in. the way this series if going no one knows where the hell the next venue is going to be until maybe days before the event and what the object of this series actually is.

cgrieves

Mar 10, 2003
Visit site
no disrespect to storm am but they were well out of their depth the last time but they braved on. But it seems they have been put in the same division this time.
Absolutely no offence taken mate, I agree 100%.

the placing for divisions should be handed out to teams of that ability
Now we're talking. Instead of filling the 32 team places in the tourney and then thrashing it all out later, when the teams book, they book into a division. So we send our deposit, we specify Division 3, and if there are spaces in that division, that's where we are. If there are no spaces, it's "too slow- better luck next time". Obvious p*ss takers like pro teams trying to get into the nov division can be weeded out at the time of the application.

Since there seems to be no shortage of teams wanting to play (getting deposits in on time notwithstanding), this would seem to be the way to go, and I doubt you would have any trouble filling the spaces in a division. It takes the onus and responsibility of choosing divisions off the organisers and gives it to the teams. It saves you admin time, and saves us whingeing time.

As the series unfolds, teams that have done well or won in previous rounds can be asked at the time of the application to move up divisions.

It would also encourage teams the get the applications in early, because there will be limited spaces at their skill level.