Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker advice please.

Dave_B

Nov 3, 2001
Northants UK
I am considering buying my first marker.

I am looking to buy something second hand but I have no idea where to go to buy and secondly, what sort, (i was thinking shutter or TL)

Positive advice would be appreciated.

£500-00 is about the limit.

Cheers

Brokemelon

Permanent Newbie
Dec 4, 2001
Los Angeles
How much is 500... hmmm, I dont even have one of those symbols on my keyboard. Whatever, anyway, if your considering a Spyder, you should take a look at the line of Piranhas. I'm not saying you should definitely get one, just check 'em out and see if you dig 'em. I was gonna get a TL Plus, but after looking at the Piranha STS I lost interest in getting the Spyder. And a Piranha takes the same upgrades as a Spyder, and looks cooler. But that's just what I think.

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Hmmmm

For 500 quid, you could get a nice electro like an impulse or something. It just depends on how serious you want to be in the sport. You can get a spyder if you just plan on playing every now and then, but if you want to be competitive I suggest going for something a little higher grade.

Just my opinion

would agree boys think what you want it for and how long you plan to keep it.

spyder phrana debate spyder parts can be difficult in uk that should imporve once paris is up and running they tend to be a little better made but it's not much really.

If you plan to get a bit more into the sport or start playing tourney look for an impulse or such. I would also try going along to your local site on a walk on day and ask very nicely if you can look at their guns, if you ask real nice they might let you have a little go in the range which will give you a much better idear of what you want.

Check out second hand guns such as advertised here if you dont know the person ask about the history of it how old ect and see if you have some one in common who can confirm all this. don't buy any thing you can't fire check they have air co2 and paint and try single and rapid fire generally make sure it all adds up and all the working parts are sound.

I have seen far too many kids arrive on site all happy only untill they bring forth their new pride and joy and find out it won't work how ever much tlc the marshalls bestow upon it.

Kids in tears is not a pretty site.
:(

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
For your first marker a spyder is fine but for £500 you could find a decent Mag. These are very simple and easy to look after and there are plenty of upgrades for it. If you find a cheap one on CO2 then you should have enough left over to buy a half decent air system (worth the money you pay for them, Mags prefer air anyway) The mag will get you started in tourneys and then you can change once you have got settled or tried other guns and found what you like. Or if you play every now and then, then these are great guns. get them set up and apart from a seal maybe going bad you should never have any mojor problems. I know I didn't.

Just my opinion.

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
at this point in the game id go with a piranha because its market standard so you can easily get new parts and its cheap to buy and to own. don't even bother with electros, mags and cockers for now. later on when you're serious about painball you could sell your piranha to a player like you are now and buy an electro, mag or cocker

matt bryant

Chill With Da Still
Oct 19, 2001
Visit site
i agree with Charlie,
mags r really good guns 2 start with and can also handle tourneys. They r really simple, quite cheap, just all round great guns

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
For that much you can get a really sweet electro, however, if this is your first gun I think you'll wanna start lower. I'd suggest a Spyder Xtra. I know their are pro teams that use these, they are relatively easy to maintain and very cheap.

rockon_1

( .)( .)
Oct 15, 2001
indoors
Visit site
autocockers rock . and they work great so long as you dont mess with them . but for that much i'd suggest an impulse . its a good elector made by smartparts and will run on co2 which saves you some cash .