Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marker advice please.

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Originally posted by rockon_1
autocockers rock . and they work great so long as you dont mess with them . but for that much i'd suggest an impulse . its a good elector made by smartparts and will run on co2 which saves you some cash .
I would not suggest an autococker as a first marker. I love mine, but the need to see how all the cool moving pieces come together(and apart) is overwhelming.

Dave_B: My suggestion to you is to review what you want out of paintball. If you are looking to jump straight into tournaments, you'll find yourself outgunned with a Spyder/Piranha/Inferno. If you are going to test the waters and play rec-ball(anything other than tournaments) for awhile I suggest you get one of the three mentioned. All three are great starter markers, and with a new barrel you will not be disappointed with accuracy. Have fun, and enjoy the sport :)

Haffa

A-mature member
Originally posted by Inferno

I would not suggest an autococker as a first marker. I love mine, but the need to see how all the cool moving pieces come together(and apart) is overwhelming.

Oh how true!

I would also stay away from cockers to begin with.

Nobody has mentioned angels?? You can pick up a second hand angel with air for about £500, there is one going at the moment in classifieds. They are a very neat little electro which run "out-of-the-box" and do not have tempting internals to play with. :D

They are very capable and reliable and do not need much maintenance.

sonic

Nov 4, 2001
nottingham.uk
www.uk-mastres.co.uk
my first marker is a inferno heat
no problems at all not even a brokan ball
shots straight as hell

one small thought if you want to use it on
a local site for recballing check what markers they will let you use with other players i.e the hire players.

if you dont want it for this sort of thing go for somthing abit more up market

good luck:cool:

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
The Piranha Pro TS is about $230, but supposedly plays like an autocockers. Read an excellent review.here from PaintballGunReview.com . It also has an average rating of 9.9/10 at pbreview.com :eek:
Since it's a Piranha its very easy to maintain. That's the gun I plan on getting, once I get enough money.

Gretik

Below Green, Yellow maybe
Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
Autococker

They rule, as long as:

You ain't curious to begin with
It is set up to start with

I am new and I have one, it is really amazing; at some point i guess i will have to clean it but i guess i can gethelp from experienced members of my team. It really is complicated but you can get them cheap, go mine for £265 on govnair with a revolution hopper, all fully set up and timed with a velocity of about 260-270 fairly constant.

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
What marker

Hi Dave,
Firstly fire as many of your friends guns as possible. Try to get a feel for each gun, they all fire differently.

In my opinion go for a cocker. I have 3 and an Angel.

Cockers are one of the most accurate and adaptable guns available. Thats why they are still being used years after the intro of Electro markers. There are hundreds of add ons, blade triggers, roller sears, and hundreds of barrels.

Get it serviced by the best and don't f##k about with it afterwards.