Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Markers.....so many choices

sandeye

Feb 17, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Well I just got into paintball recently and I want to buy a marker....I have narrowed it down to three choices..Tippmann custom98, Pro carbine....or a spyder of some cheap version...So far I have only played inddors at local places but this summer I plan on playing in wooded areas as well...I wouls definately buy a spyder i think but i hear that they freeze up easy in cold weather, Is this true?

So I guess my question is what would be a good allaround low priced marker and what should I buy for upgrades...keeping in mind that i am quite broke :) ?

My suggestion

Go the the p8 homepage, click on the What Paintball Gear magazine icon and order it - it's got more markers tried and tested in this one magazine than in all tha others put together - including 6 blowbacks, 4 budget electros and 9 tricked-up Spyders. The Spyder Xtra at $239 and Custom 98 Response are both there bud...

Peace

Alex

Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
Tippmann

i've got a custom 98 and its great , but if u do get it get a new barrel. i suggest the progressive by smart parts or the flatline, if u lokin 4 a team near Kent and u are under 18 then e-mail me
Alex

Eddepet

Fat *******
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever
Get a PMI Piranha, either an STS or a pro. Out of the "beginner" semis, that gun shoots sooooo sexy. Be sure to run it on air though.

Buddha "Eddepet" 5

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
no spiders

my firend has a spyder sport yup it freezes in the winter and some one else i know has a shutter he lives by it but my 32degreed rebel extreme hasnt froze yet and works pretty goot it costs like $199.99 + tax but so far its worth it

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
My first marker was a Spyder and I still have it. Excellent markers and cheap to run. Like TJ says, get What Paintball Gear magazine. It paints (no pun intended) a very clear picture of the markers out there and groups them together in price so you can make comparisons easily. Well worth the money and may even save you getting a marker with extras on you don't need.

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
I would go with an xtra and not a shutter if your thinking of getting a spyder, i have never heard anyone complain about them freezing, i know mine never has.

As for an upgrade the first i would get for any marker would be a barrel (but make sure you get one that matches your size of paint) For good reviews of every product there is go to www.pbreview.com these reviews are written by players you own these products so its un biesed and not written by the manufactures or mags that have been given an insentive to write a good review.

elrikos

Jan 22, 2002
High Wycombe
Visit site
my 2 cents worth on this would be to get whatever gun you see loads of people playing with at your local site. basically if loads of people in your area are running spyder, get a spyder. becasue if loads of people own them then it's a good chance that the local shop will be pretty well versed in how to repair and upgrade them. also if you have a problem on the field you can guarantee that someone else is more likeyl to help you out if they have the same gun as you. they can be more confident of being able to fix it.
thats all i can think of. theres not a huge amount between those guns.
elrikos

g8keeper

Feb 21, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
Tippmann is a good reliable gun. Pretty basic but you can really trick it up pretty good. If you don't have a lot of money, you can do the upgrades over a period of time. Start with a new barrel though. These guns are a little long so you may add a drop forward next. J&J ceramic barrels are slick. Check out "pbreview.com" first then go to "paintballwatch.com" to price them. Paintball-online.com will beat any advertised online price by 5%. Good luck and let us know what you decided upon. :)