Not sure why it's not doing a direct link o_O

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Think carefully about the choice of air cylinder

Going back to the original question all modern paintball guns are designed and can run on compressed air
Some old school systems work best on co2, and in some cases are best on liquid co2 (but I digress)

With buying an air cylinder you have about 3 ranges of cost:
1) about £30 - £40
New 3000psi steel/aluminium cylinder - good for 5 years life
It can be retested for unlimited life but they are cheap enough to replace
2)about £80 for a second hand 4500psi fibre cylinder
But as mentioned be wary of the life, and possibly condition
Estimate the life cost of a fibre cylinder at £150 plus 2 x £25 retests = life cost £200, average of around £13 per year.
You need to take that into account when buying second hand. If your purchase price plus any remaining tests, divided by the remaining years to its expiry are over £13 then financially it's not worthwhile - you're just subsidizing the sellers upgrades
3) about £150 for a new cylinder, but take into account that it is a commitment over 15 years to get it retested - life cost £200

The above figures assume you can get tests arranged at £25 with no additional postage costs

Financially the 3000psi cylinder is best value for money. If you need more capacity you can buy 5 cylinders for the price of one fibre
The majority of sites only fill to 3000psi, but events may have 4500psi

sturt

Jul 9, 2012
thanks tommikka for that post im looking to get a fibre cylinder but didnt know to go new or second hand

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
thanks tommikka for that post im looking to get a fibre cylinder but didnt know to go new or second hand
Look around the forum (if you search my posts with any mention of cylinders you will see my views on recommendations for new players)

In most cases I advise against going fibre, but if you have the money spare, or find a well priced second hand one from a reputable member then fibre is a good purchase

When it comes to a fibre cylinder there are a lot of shapes and sizes around.'more
Thought should be put to the cylinder size and how it fits you and your marker

sturt

Jul 9, 2012
ive got 2 steels but ive used a couple of friends fibers on my marker and i found it so much nicer to use just how it sat and the weight they both brought theirssecond hand but they only have 3-4 years life left in them. im not to worried about the capacity as long as its the same as my steel its more the fact of how much nicer it was to use my marker with the fibers on.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
ive got 2 steels but ive used a couple of friends fibers on my marker and i found it so much nicer to use just how it sat and the weight they both brought theirssecond hand but they only have 3-4 years life left in them. im not to worried about the capacity as long as its the same as my steel its more the fact of how much nicer it was to use my marker with the fibers on.
You're onto a winner there.
This is the right reason to go fibre - check what their sizes were and aim for the same if they felt right for you

sturt

Jul 9, 2012
yeah ive seen a few people with really small bottles and some the opposite really big
they have a 1.1l so think i will stick to that
p.s how do i link my post like you have?