Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Markers...

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
I was considering buying a paintball marker within the next week or so. I have only ever played at the NPF (and i have done so about 8 times) i was dissapointed when i hear you can only use your markers on own gunners day, ie walk ons as this means my non marker owning friends won't be able to play with me :)( i'll be all lonley). But in the past i have seen guys the same age as me with there own markers play at the young guns days? What going on. Any advice on this subject would be a huge help. Also, what other paintball places are in the area (Sutton/Birimingham area) that allow you to bring your own markers, even on punters days maybe. I've said a lot but i need the answers, thanx in advance for your replies on anything that may help me...

Silverjay UK

Boss Hog
Feb 18, 2002
York, UK or Switzerland
I know a lot of site owners do not like to mix walk-on players with punters as they can ruin the day.

A walk-on player's marker is usually superior to the site ones and it is not very encouraging for newbies to get taken out every minute by a more experienced, better kitted out, player.

Saying that, there are lots of walk-on days where your friends could rent site equipment.

Ally^McK

Hardcore Pawn !!!!! :D
It really depends on what marker u get. Since the field i goto use Inferno Field markers and i have a Spyder Aggressor I dont really have an advantage over them but im sure some places are more strict than that and just dont let you use your own marker.

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
I'll be getting a black dragun probably which is a fairly cheap (£200 max) marker and equivalent to a spyder, i've seen guys use jt excellerators at the NPF before, maybe they're more leniant on the lower end markers. Any marshalls at the NPF who can comment would greatly help.. thanx again

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
Rebel in Leicester ( http://www.rebel-sports.co.uk ) will let you use your own marker - but again the proviso is that it's not far superior to the general punter markers. They use Inferno Fields too - I have a tricked out Inferno, so don't have any problems. I've also seen players up there with Tippy 98s.

I have the same problem as you Sean - I decided to buy my own kit, but finding sites to use it with your mates can be hard (I had an amusing conversation with one site who shall remain nameless where I asked about own guns and they said they had a strict "Site guns only" policy. So I asked them about their shop instead and asked about buying a marker. They were only too happy to sell me a marker, but then had to admit that even if I bought a marker off them, they wouldn't let me use it at the site - DOH).

Your best bet is to find a walk on day where your mates can hire/use site kit. The only trouble with this is that they'll get p*ssed off because they are up against the superior markers etc (as already stated in another post as being the reason most sites won't let you use an own gun on a punter day :( ).

Or, try and organise a huge group of players. If your group consists entirely of your own bookings, then most sites will let you play with own kit - because no one will (theoretically) complain about you :)

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
Hmmm this sounds encouraging, if other sites allow lower end markers to be used with the punters and on the one occcasion io was ther the NPF allowed the guys with the JT Excellerators to play, i might be in with a chance. When those guys played head shots counted for them only, so i suppose they might do that for me? I really just need some marshalls at the NPF to confirm whether i could get away with this...

Jack Daniels

feckking pissed.....again
hey mate, i have a spyder e99 for sale with a 16" boomstick barrel, still boxed with charger and 9.6v rechargable batt, in black for only £180 including postage.

let me know what you think.
the gun is brand spanking, only had about half a case fired thru it.
its electronic, fires semi, 3,6, burst and fully auto. (although disabled, with chip removed, but still supplied)

They let me play with it even though its electronic. im getting a cocker with any luck and need the money.:D