Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

marshall sheilds

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
i am thinking of making some as i have the materials and resources,

just a few questions so i can get the product as good as possible

1. how big would you like it to be?
2. 2 handles on the back so you can hold it easily?
3.what sort of price?

thanks for the feedback
Steve,

Have a look at this mate, these set the standard you need to meet
and check out that price.... about £16.00

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Popup;sid=J5DG0jHrf2jGNnfcjX4Gejsir4RuGuihb9g=?ProductSKU=054-113-0001

Russ

stevie t

Sep 27, 2006
ok thanks pid and russ i will need to make a few to see how much they are but i will hopefully giving the masters about 10 to trial

craig_t

#23 vudoo's mofo
Jul 16, 2006
Aycliffe
if your going to stick REF on front then DONT!!!
you cant swap it around for lefty and righty handers, the handle set up allows you to do this depending on what arm you prefer but having ref on makes you look untidy if its upside down ;)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Exile said:
Enforcing strict penalties for over-shooting also does this
I was thinking this too, but this is likely to decrease the popularity of that particular league vs. another league. I don't see it happening unless ALL of the leagues put the same penalty in.
Overshooting penalties are rarely applicable nowadays, unless it's clearly malicious and targeted.

I was told the millennium rules were that, true or 'right', or not, that for every player left on field, a dead player can be shot up to five times, before it's classed as overshooting (if it's obviously targeted or malicious then that's different).
If the refs are doing their job (clear hand signals, pulling the player), and the player leaves the field directly with hand on head, then you shouldn't get more than a few shots.

I can't remember the time I last saw 'real' overshooting that wasn't just walking through a lane, or a few mistaken shots thinking they were still 'in', even when people are mugged, there're only usually problems if there's more than one mugger at once.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Aaaaand, I don't wanna argue, I really don't see the point, just wanna qualify this...

Rosie said:
And...there was a thread about using marshalling shields on here t'other day, saying you couldn't run about with a shield, well I've come to the conclusion that you must be a fattie & therefore don't/can't run anyway, because I was running about and sliding with it all day, and making hand signals, and getting in close to players.
Exile said:
Sweetie, if you're going to get personal and bitchy then go pick a fight with MissyQ or Stongle ;) I have my reasons, you and the rest of the northern Refs have yours.
Exile, you'll notice, this was on a different part of the forum, on a different thread, I didn't quote you, I didn't use your name, and I wasn't even thinking of you in particular when i wrote it, it was all in your mind that it was some sort of personal attack. Which it clearly wasn't.

It's only 'personal' if your fat & can't run with a shield?
-Your offended response confirms that you are?

:)
No offence meant mate, I never do.

Milky

Jan 20, 2004
www.ukasylum.co.uk
I can't remember the time I last saw 'real' overshooting that wasn't just walking through a lane, or a few mistaken shots thinking they were still 'in', even when people are mugged, there're only usually problems if there's more than one mugger at once.
The first ukm 7man of the season i got bonused just a little 15-20point blank in the back of the head and the back :eek: i think you were on the field correct me if im wrong

but just to make the point a sheild wouldnt have helped :D

my opinion if your comfortable use it if it gets in the way don't simple

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
The first ukm 7man of the season i got bonused just a little 15-20point blank in the back of the head and the back :eek: i think you were on the field correct me if im wrong
That would be hard because I have never reffed or played a masters 7 man ;).

I didn't say it doesn't happen, just said I couldn't remember the last time I saw a genuine one (at the 5 man masters, on my field) :D

I don't really care now, if you don't want to use one, don't, if you do, power to ya.

BOOGIE

May 21, 2004
FLA , USA
Visit site
Shields??? we need no stinking shields!!!!! Just kidding LOL just had to say it :)

In 5 years of reffing i used a shield 1 game total and nearly killed the first guy i went to check with it when i smashed him with the silly thing.But im not the most graceful :)

The most fun i ever had with a ref shield tho was with a shield , a length of rope , and a golf cart :) we did it during the tear down of LA Open 2003 . The best part was there was a fair hill the when you drove down and cut a hard turn you whipped the guy on the shield around so hard the whole golf cart slid sideways :)