Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

marshalling

targetlad87

Jul 29, 2008
i start marshalling tomorrow, really looking forward to it but does anybody have any tips please

Thanks

targetlad87

Jul 29, 2008
TBQH that really doesnt bother me it seems kinda fun that part :D
just any general tips on what to look for etc

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
lol
I Assume that you are marshalling punters and not torni/walkon?

Try to be in between the two teams so that you can assist either side and also so that you can see what both teams are doing. Nothing worse than a Marshall being near the starting point when the teams are battling it out.
Masks will steam up, so make sure that the players dont start lifting their masks up.
Make sure that you know what the hand signals are before you start the game. Signals like - Ready signal, game on, 1/2/3/5 mins left, Game over ect.
Use your voice!

Ollie

MorgzC

Jun 4, 2008
Colchester
Expect to have no voice left at the end of the day and repeat the same phrase 1,000 times. Id practice shouting stuff like "Do not pick balls off the floor" and "Do not lift your mask".

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
dont be scared of getting stuck in. be prepared to be shot. it hurts sooooo much more than when your playing. the more you react the more they are gonna shoot you. as previously mentioned be inbetween the 2 teams, ya might have to break up some fights. some players will try to tell you if they are dead or not, dont take any sh*t and make your own calls, stay clear of their line of fire and watch for goggles lifting. people dont know their doing it 1/2 the time. unsure of what your site does during goggle breaks in game zones but i make the players put their markers on the opposite side of a boundry tape and put the refs inbetween to save anyone messin when they shouldnt.

Sugz

Fortiter et Recte!!
Aug 22, 2006
I highly agree with the above comment, dont be afraid to use your voice.
If people are messing around, shout at them or if need be, give them a quiet but stern word.
Also in most cases marshals know best. Give your team some encouraging words before and during game. You will find that you get a better disciplinary response if you become "part" of their team not just a marshal.
But the obvious, get on top of intense and possibly dangerous situations Quickly, if you see a player who could put 10 balls into a guys back at point blank, wait until he makes the first, or make sure he calls the surrender depending on your sites rules.
But there should be no S**T regarding goggle lifting in game in those situations Use your position of authority as much as possible.
And finally, yes getting hit does hurt more, because you don't have the adrenaline as much as when you play therefore you do feel the sting a bit more.
But dont let that get in your way, be where you need to be and have fun at the same time