Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mask preferences

Mikey CB

May 2, 2013
hi everyone looking for some opinions
im going to be upgrading my mask so some help before my purchase
ive been looking at the high end masks available... i4, eflex, sly profits and grill thats all i can think of, im guessing try before you buy would be the best thing, but at the moment im just wanting some opinions on what there like,
i am leaning towards the grill, not to expensive and look cool, just the dip in the forehead that puts me of, but all help will be appreciated

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
You definitely need to try them on, as different masks suit different faces - of those I've owned/tried from your list.

Grill - light, comfy, decent coverage, breathe well but single pane lens prone to fogging, so add £20 to get a dual pane thermal lens. My preference. Forehead dip not an issue if you either wear a sandana or use the supplied visor/peak.
i4 - small, light, comfy, breathe well, great lens, but poor head coverage and no visor/peak supplied (might not be an issue for you, but I like to rock a peak) ;)
E-Flex - on paper the perfect mask, Flex faceplate with quick change lens. In practice I found it sits on my face oddly but loads of people love it.

Last edited:

Mikey CB

May 2, 2013
so with addition of the thermal lense on the grill all of the masks are around the £90-£100 mark, im definitely prefering the grills at the moment

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
sold my old i4s in favour of my grillz, for pretty much all of the reasons above with the additional fact that it is by far the most badass looking mask :)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well personal preference alone makes me pick the grillz first really, but the way i see it the grillz does just as good a job, with the added luxury of chin strap and visor if thats your thing for even less money. win win all round!

Mikey CB

May 2, 2013
yep and just looked time to pick a colour, white looks cool put probably not the best in the woods