Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mask Test

nandakjohwah

Dec 6, 2002
new york/new jersey
Visit site
BACA TOLD ME MOVE IT HERE SO FLAME HIM NOT ME :p

Yesterday I conducted a test between masks that uses a flex and masks that don't use flex. Here's what happened..

I noticed at first that whenever I was shot in the flex, I would feel the paintball/mask hit my mouth, more paint would penetrate the mask, and I've never seen the paint bounce off like it's should be doing..

I could not tell if the paint was actually passing through the mask because of the material or because of the ventilation holes. I conducted the test by being a guinea pig and wearing the following masks:

JT Flex 7
VForce Conquest
VForce Shield
VForce Morph

The test was done at 40ft, 60ft, 75ft, 100ft, and 130ft range.

With a non-flex, the paint did break and very little actually managed to pass through the mask, but cleaning it out of the ventilation was a pain.

Using a flex, the paint NEVER bounced, the paint always broke and a large amount of paint including shell managed to pass through onto my mouth. I could not tell if it was the ball or the mask itself but each time, something hit my mouth and caused my lips to become swollen for a small amount of time.

At 130ft range, no balls bounced off of the flex. I think that the flex is more useful when it comes to rec-ball and there more lucky shots or accidental shots involved.

When the ball is fired, it is mishaped and then reshaped by the air that surrounds it which probably makes it too frail to bounce off of the mask. I think the only way that the ball might actually bounc ewould be if someone were to freeze it (then get banned from the field not to mention an a$$whooping)

The VForce Conquest would probably be the best mask available at the moment if you can put a morph lens on it. The ventilation is slightly smaller but you shouldn't have any problems. The lens is noticeable smaller to more hardware experienced players. But other than that.. the mask is built very similar to a VForce Standard which sells for about $15 more.

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
I thought the flex was designed so you could fold it back and enjoy a smoke whilst you are marshalling, not so that balls would bounce ;)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
i can honestly say that you have far too much time on your hands and also that you are pretty dim witted when you could of got a manequinns head and saved yourself some pain. :p
Also whatever your mate says about swollen lips making you look cool and "hard" it really makes you look like a muppet :p women aint into swollen lips i can tell you from experience.
Also this will never ever, ever affect my choice of mask as flex seven's are used by most of the best teams in the world (Dye's also seem pretty good) what's good for them is good for me

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
This is what i think about Pro flex

I think that the pro flex goggs are for the more serious baller when the element of sacrafice is certainly more important whithin a team play situation... I was playing a walk on day once and my friend who was wearing proflex got sweetspotted to hell off the break by several of our team... after the game he winged about his ear for ages claiming that it hurt like hell etc... however i found that the ball didn't break... Tournament players have more to play for due to the competition and so are more willing to suffer a bit of pain in order to stay in the game. Proflex won't bounce a straight on shot to the mouth piece but it certainly has more chance of bouncing those glancing shots that hard ear/mouth armour would definately break.
just my 2p :)