Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

maverick problem

THE MUGGA

ANGEL A1 FLY
Nov 16, 2009
birmingham
i have just bought a maverick pump and when i first got it when i screwed my tank in it gased up fine but after i shot it a few times i t started to leak now when i screw my tank into the back of the gun air leaks out around were the gun meets the asa does any one have any ideas wat is wrond thanks dan pm me if you have any ideas on how to fix cheers

Holmbush

Jan 19, 2010
Hi,

Really easy to fix!
1. Remove the rear grip frame screw.
2. Pull out asa assembly.
3. Tighten brass nut.
4. Re-assemble.
If this doesn't work remove the brass but and either replace the large O ring on the shoulder or put some PTFE (plumbers) tape on the thread and then re-assemble.

Ross.

THE MUGGA

ANGEL A1 FLY
Nov 16, 2009
birmingham
holbush i have tried what you said but when i screw the tank in it still leaks strongly it will still shoot but pours out of the asa i dont know what it could be

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
What type of ASA has the marker got & can you post photo's?

Some ASA's originally designed for CO2 tanks on early pumps, don't seal very well on HPA bottles. I think the sealing face may be longer (deeper) on HPA bottles so the o-ring leaks when screwed into CO2 fittings. I've got a couple of old duckbill ASA's from the 90's that won't seal on any of my HPA tanks, where as a couple of old CO2 bottles work fine.

Holmbush

Jan 19, 2010
Okay DON'T PANIC !
The ASA has so few parts and is so basic that they are always really easy to fix. Just need to find out exactly what the problem is.

Where exactly does the air leak from? The best way to test this is to remove the rear grip frame screw, remove the ASA and screw it directly onto the bottle. You will need a reasonably strong grip to undo it again though.

The air can only leak from three possible places.
1. Directly out of the power stem. The silver part in the centre of the brass nut.
2. Between the brass nut and the ASA housing.
3. From a small hole on the bottom of the ASA.

Let me know which and I'll let you know how to fix it ! :)

Ross.