Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium 2004

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I know this is for the 2004 series, and i may be jumping the gun, but i was wondering if this was confirmed yet.

Here goes:

1. Megacampeonato (i.e the Portugal leg of the series) will travel to Madrid in Spain.

2. Joy Masters will take place end of January, still in Stockholm but in an Indoor sports center .

3. Mayhem Masters will travel to Moscow in Russia

Sounds good, but what is the weather like in Russia at the time they want to hold the Tournament??? And will the Portugal leg being moved to Spain be run by the same people?

thanks guys.

sam

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Very helpful Manuel. Thanks for your contribution....:D

if you were really sadistic you may want to make the Ton Tons wear Red jerseys instead of playing behind red bunkers........:p :p just a thought...:D

sam

p.s--> You are right.....Madrid does sound great! But wouldnt they have Madrid Bulls in Madrid rather than Barcelona Bulls......?;)

nono Barcelona Bulls -> those are the ones with extra long horns ... once i talked to the estratego-guys, they said those bulls are famous for eatin french frogs

anyway

think it would be great to put this leg into sucha town like Madrid - it's their fnckin capital -- maybe it takes place in that hugh Real Madrid stadium - and don't forget the important Party-Factor !!! everybody knows these hot Tango-Girls from Madrid!!! listen up WDP----> Heaven!!!

Manuel

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by sjt19

That's what they originally said about this year too. But it'll be in Amsterdam again.
Personally, I think that staging such an event that far away may be a big business mistake, since a LOT of the entry fees are paid for by lower ranking teams, many of whom will not have the funds to travel that far. We'll see.

Jay,

Most of the 'lower ranking teams' are local to each event anyway with only a handful travelling to multiple events. I hope that there would be enough local Russian interest to make the event possible - I am sure the commitee has thought of this, they are nobodies fools!

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Buddha 3
That's what they originally said about this year too. But it'll be in Amsterdam again.
Personally, I think that staging such an event that far away may be a big business mistake, since a LOT of the entry fees are paid for by lower ranking teams, many of whom will not have the funds to travel that far. We'll see.
I would love to play in Russia. It's not actually even that expensive a place to travel to and stay at. But the one reason I think it would be a huge mistake...

It's a nightmare to get visa's to travel there. You have to do a huge amount of organisation. You have to get invited, you have to apply for a visa, (one time they actually wanted me to prove I had a plane ticket before they would offer me a visa to go there? how screwed up is that? as if I would buy a ticket not knowing I would get a visa?) When there you have to hand over your passport etc... The bureacuracy there and way of life is also not easy for people from outside to work with and navigate around. I couldn't work out how to use the Train Station in St. Petersburgh without my guide :)

It all takes too much preperation and effort, which I don't believe the average paintballer or team will want to do.

It's a shame because Russia is a beautiful and very interesting place. Going to Moscow to play in a paintball Tournament would be fantastic.

manike

Jaime Menino

Jun 19, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
Originally posted by sjt19
I know this is for the 2004 series, and i may be jumping the gun, but i was wondering if this was confirmed yet.

Here goes:

1. Megacampeonato (i.e the Portugal leg of the series) will travel to Madrid in Spain.

2. Joy Masters will take place end of January, still in Stockholm but in an Indoor sports center .

Sounds good, but what is the weather like in Russia at the time they want to hold the Tournament??? And will the Portugal leg being moved to Spain be run by the same people?

thanks guys.

sam
Hi

I can answer a bit about Portugal Leg in Spain. Yes it will be run by the same people (Estratego). Because this company as store in Spain and they want to call out more spanish teams.
Also the main organizer and owner Pedro Campos assumes that the Portuguese teams will easily travel to Madrid. Personnaly I think he is wrong, most off us will prefer to travel to Toulouse, than Madrid.

my 2 cents

Cheers
Jaime Menino

NeyZan

Dark lord of the Sith ;)
Jan 21, 2003
groups.msn.com
Millenium Leg in Madrid

I think that most of the portuguese teams are willing to travel to madrid, (it's half distance that toulouse). It's not a really hard travel.

we have travelled some times to Lisbon and other portuguese cities, and the part of the travel between madrid and lisbon is the best one... ;)

And yes, the millenium Leg is still organized by the same people, Estratego España Paintball and Estratego portugal are partners companies, and they will run together the organisation of this leg of the millennium series.

I hope this could be as good as the usual portuguese events, and I really think that it's going to be possible, from madrid there will be playing at least 7 or 8 teams and mor from others parts of spain, this creates a good basis, mos of then Amateur B or novice, but this is the beginning ofa new era in spanish paintball.

We are trying to go as much as we can to millenniums events, teams as Tunnel Rats (3rd in the campaing Cup (novice division)) or Override has been playing the millenium series, and this 2003 season is going to be played by more spanish teams...

I hope all the players from all over the world enjoy his stay in Madrid next year :D:D:D...