Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium entry fee up xx%

agge

STOCKHOLM IGNITION
Apr 23, 2003
Stockholm
www.ignition.se
I just recieved an email from the board of the Millennium where they informed us that the fee for the CPL will be the same as last year, ONLY that this year we have to pay UK VAT!!! Can someone please inform me what the VAT for the UK is? Heres a clip from the mail we recieved:
"The licence fee for playing the MS CPL 2007 will be 8750€ plus UK VAT. This is the same as the entry fees for all five events last year (5x 1750€ = 8750€). "

Has teams from other divisions recieved something similar?

Also, we today the 17 january recieved notification that we have to pay €2750 plus VAT before the 26 January (nine days notice) otherwise we will lose our spot. I don´t find this aceptable. Can all CPL teams who dont accept this please contact me at agge@ignition.se
Thanks

/agge

jamtheman188

IMPERIAL CLOTHING
Aug 16, 2006
Milton Keynes
There is a form you have to fill out so you can claim the tax you payed back, im not sure what it is, but its a similiar to the form you fill out if you are under 18 and tax is deducted from your pay.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
If this isn't a thinly veiled price hike then I think the question needs to be asked, why start charging VAT now?

I mean, what has changed to facilitate this charge?

If it's a price rise, then fackin say so, and if it is, what are the customers getting that is better by 17.5% coz sure as sh!t the respective rates of inflation across host nations (countries holding Millennium events) isn't anything like that rate.

Hmmmmm ..... glad I don't have to pay it :)
But then again, you guys are just gonna get steamrollered over with it all coz you couldn't be bothered to organise yourselves into any form of coherent team and / or player representation and so in this sense, you are gonna reap what you sow.

When are we ever gonna learn???
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
I for one will be requiring documentation from the MS, that the VAT is being reported to the UK government and paid - which is well within my legal rights, when a company charges my company VAT :)

- and I would suggest all other teams do the same

Also, I will be requiring documentation as to VAT having been reported and paid last year, as I only see 4 likely scenarios here:

- The MS has to make me aware I could claim VAT last year
- The MS has defauded the UK government last year by not charging VAT
- The requirement to pay VAT this year is in fact a thinly vailed price hike
- A new tax law has been passed in the UK, to require the MS to charge VAT

I look forward to the MS informing me which of the above possibilities is the correct one.

:)

Nick

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Erhm - is The Millennium Series suddenly a UK company/organisation?

And..... how odd is it that they charge in € - but put on UK VAT (£?)??
Well IF all of a sudden the MS is now a UK company, its not surprising that they charge in Euros but want UK VAT. If they're being taxed by the the UK government, they will need to cover this cost by imposing UK VAT on to their prices. The majority of the teams playing the MS are from nations who have adopted the Euro, so it would make sense to still pay in euros from that point of view...

Still, it all seems a bit weird :S

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well IF all of a sudden the MS is now a UK company, its not surprising that they charge in Euros but want UK VAT. If they're being taxed by the the UK government, they will need to cover this cost by imposing UK VAT on to their prices. The majority of the teams playing the MS are from nations who have adopted the Euro, so it would make sense to still pay in euros from that point of view...

Still, it all seems a bit weird :S

My point was - did we hear anything about the MS transforming into a UK company - NO! So we should assume they are not.... so then again - why charge the UK VAT? :)